Recall Wiki - What is the recall?
Recall Letter of credence, sent to return an ambassador from a country Precision and recall, a classification concept Product recall Recall (bugle call), a signal to stop Recall election Recall (information retrieval), a statistical measure ReCALL (journal), an academic journal about computer-assisted language learning Recall (memory) Recall of Parliament Recall (Overwatch), a 2016 animated short "Recall", a song by Susumu Hirasawa on the 1995 album Sim City Recall, UK term for hook flash.
What does the word recall mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word recall in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with recall and anagrams of recall.
Definitions of "recall"
- To ask or order to return: recalled all workers who had been laid off. verb-transitive
- To summon back to awareness of or concern with the subject or situation at hand. verb-transitive
- To remember; recollect. See Synonyms at remember. verb-transitive
- To cancel, take back, or revoke. verb-transitive
- To bring back; restore. verb-transitive
- To request return (of a product) to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments. verb-transitive
- The act of recalling or summoning back, especially an official order to return. noun
- A signal, such as a bugle call, used to summon troops back to their posts. noun
- The ability to remember information or experiences. noun
- The act of revoking. noun
- The procedure by which a public official may be removed from office by popular vote. noun
- The right to employ this procedure. noun
- A request by the manufacturer of a product that has been identified as defective to return it, as for necessary repairs or adjustments. noun
- The action or fact of calling someone or something back. noun
- Memory; the ability to remember. noun
- In Information retrieval, the fraction of (all) relevant material that is returned by a search noun
- A calling back; a revocation. noun
- A call on the trumpet, bugle, or drum, by which soldiers are recalled from duty, labor, etc. noun
The word "recall" in example sentences
* Scroll down for the latest egg recall list and numbers affected by the Wright County Egg recall*. [Egg Recall List UPDATE: 380 MILLION Eggs Recalled Over Salmonella]
* Scroll down for the latest egg recall list and numbers affected by the Wright County Egg recall* 380 million eggs coming from Wright County Egg .... [Egg Recall List UPDATE: 380 MILLION Eggs Recalled Over Salmonella]
I-- using the term recall, I asked them if they wanted the bone back, which I knew wasn't really an option as it's grafted into my other neck bones, but .... [CNN Transcript Sep 27, 2007]
Nonetheless, Ford's actions and the process surrounding them sound an awful lot like a recall, although Ford says the service paperwork employs the term recall only in the most generic sense.. [Auto Observer]
We are not producing e-mails containing the word "recall" in the sense of recalling a past event e.g., "I recall from our meeting last week ...". [Brec Cooke: Washington Post, New York Times Fail on FOIA]
You have also requested e-mails that contain the word "recall.". [Brec Cooke: Washington Post, New York Times Fail on FOIA]
This recall is a reminder that we need better communications standards and oversight on safety features from both phone manufacturers and telecoms.. [LG Phone Recalled Due to Poor 911 Connection]
This recall is a reminder that we need better communications standards and oversight on safety [...]. [My Big iPhone Break-up]
This recall is about holding Sam Adams accountable for lying to get elected, orchestrating an elaborate cover-up and abusing his power.. [Il bacio della morte (Jack Bog's Blog)]
Let's face it, a recall is about as against-something as it gets.. [Time is truly wastin', there's no guarantee (Jack Bog's Blog)]
Victoria Taft's enthusiastic support of the recall is a given.. [How not to recall a Portland mayor (Jack Bog's Blog)]
To very few does this term recall either the large. [The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 10, No. 59, September, 1862]
When the word "recall" makes headlines, it usually involves the removal of a defective product from store shelves, or perhaps the testimony of some nervous executive at a congressional hearing saying, "I don't recall....". [News]
Travis Snider might have been the short term recall except that he has missed the last two games in Vegas with a wrist injury.. [Thestar.com - Home Page]
"A Redress for Andromeda," you may recall, is the first story in the "Dandridge Cycle.". ["Rendered unto night, creation torn asunder."]
I can't recall; is High Valyrian actually spoken (perhaps in religious ceremonies) or is it purely a historical and written language, like Latin in the late medieval period?. [Klaatu Barada Nicto...]
Recall TranslatesRecall English to Turkish Translate
(f.), (i.) geri çağırmak; hatırlamak, anımsamak; lağvetmek, feshetmek, geri almak; (i.) geri çağırma; anımsama; geri gelme işareti veya emri; (pol.) bir yöneticinin halkoyu ile azledilmesi.(f.), (i.) geri çağırmak; hatırlamak, anımsamak; lağvetmek, feshetmek, geri almak; (i.) geri çağırma; anımsama; geri gelme işareti veya emri; (pol.) bir yöneticinin halkoyu ile azledilmesi.