Record Wiki - What is the record?
What does the word record mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word record in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with record and anagrams of record.
Definitions of "record"
- To set down for preservation in writing or other permanent form. intransitive verb
- To register or indicate. intransitive verb
- intransitive verb
- To render (sound or images) into permanent form for reproduction, as by mechanical or digital means. intransitive verb
- To record the words, sound, appearance, or performance of (someone or something). intransitive verb
- To record something. intransitive verb
- An account, as of information or facts, set down especially in writing as a means of preserving knowledge. noun
- Something on which such an account is based. noun
- Something that records. noun
- Information or data on a particular subject collected and preserved. noun
- The known history of performance, activities, or achievement. noun
- An unsurpassed measurement. noun
- A collection of related, often adjacent items of data, treated as a unit. noun
- A transcript or a collection of statements and related information reporting the proceedings of a legislative body, a court, or an executive. noun
- A disk designed to be played on a phonograph. noun
- A musical recording that is issued on a medium of some kind. noun
- (go on record) To embrace a certain position publicly. idiom