Relaxation Wiki - What is the relaxation?
Relaxation stands quite generally for a release of tension, a return to equilibrium. In the sciences, the term is used in the following ways: Relaxation (physics), and more in particular: Relaxation (NMR), processes by which nuclear magnetization returns to the equilibrium distribution Dielectric relaxation, the delay in the dielectric constant of a material Vibrational energy relaxation, the process by which molecules in high energy quantum states return to the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution Chemical relaxation methods, related to temperature jumpIn mathematics: Relaxation (approximation), a technique for transforming hard constraints into easier ones Relaxation (iterative method), a technique for the numerical solution of equations Relaxation (extension method), a technique for a natural extension in mathematical optimization or variational problemsIn computer science: Relaxation, the act of substituting alternative program code during linkingIn physiology, hypnosis, meditation, recreation: Relaxation (psychology), the emotional state of low tension Relaxation technique, an activity that helps a person to relax.
What does the word relaxation mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word relaxation in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with relaxation and anagrams of relaxation.
Definitions of "relaxation"
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed. noun
- Refreshment of body or mind; recreation: played golf for relaxation. noun
- A loosening or slackening. noun
- A reduction in strictness or severity. noun
- Physiology The lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers. noun
- Physics The return or adjustment of a system to equilibrium following displacement or abrupt change. noun
- Mathematics A method of solving equations in which the errors resulting from an initial approximation are reduced by succeeding approximations until all errors are within specified limits. noun
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed; the opposite of stress or tension; the aim of recreation and leisure activities. noun
- A diminution of tone, tension, or firmness; specifically in pathology: a looseness; a diminution of the natural and healthy tone of parts. noun
- Remission or abatement of rigor. noun
- Remission of attention or application. noun
- Unbending; recreation; a state or occupation intended to give mental or bodily relief after effort. noun
- The transition of an atom or molecule from a higher energy level to a lower one. noun
- The release following musical tension. noun
- The act or process of relaxing, or the state of being relaxed noun
- Remission from attention and effort; indulgence in recreation, diversion, or amusement. noun
- The act of relaxing, or the state of being relaxed. noun
- Remission or abatement of rigor. noun
- Remission of attention or application: as, relaxation of efforts. noun
The word "relaxation" in example sentences
Fascinated by the striking physiologic changes he noted—a decrease in heart rate, breathing rate, blood pressure, and metabolic rate—he coined the term relaxation response to describe the phenomenon.9 Today, studies continue to replicate these early findings.10. [Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause]
In 1996, RSF published a report entitled Libya: "We can criticize Allah but not Gaddafi" in which it referred to a "relaxation" of restrictions on the media, but noted that journalists critical of the regime spoke to its representatives in hushed tones for fear of reprisals.. [Magda Abu-Fadil: Libyan Media March to Beat of a Different Drummer]
Dr. Benson began to study the physiological effects of meditation, which he called the relaxation response.. [Meditation as Medicine]
I have no talent when it comes to things like drawing or creating visual images, but I have found a certain relaxation in designing websites.. [Other Art « Write Anything]
His relaxation is getting gently boiled in various hot springs around the Kansai area, and the story also serves as a pointer to his rather useful Kansai Onsen Guide.. [April Blog Matsuri!]
And it doesn't require any sacrifices in relaxation or enjoyment.. [Darya Pino, Ph.D: 9 Tips To Avoid Weight Gain While Vacationing]
My perfect relaxation is a bath, glass of champagne, and the latest Economist.. [Okay, okay, I admit defeat... here are my 25 random things]
They were toys, playthings, part of the relaxation from the bigger game of life.. [Chapter 2]
And just when you were sighing in relaxation and enjoyment, as the movie started and you took that first ruby sip of your wine, did you ever hear the front door opening?. [Archive 2010-05-01]
Less electrical activity means more relaxation, and more relaxation translates into better sex according to Dr. Cerruto.. [Dr. Rock Positano: High Heels And Your Sex Drive]
I want to use the word relaxation as a real treasure hunt with which there is no end, for I seek relaxation ceaselessly, hungrily, in this age of a frantic, a disturbed society who have forgotten how to relax.. [Index]
So short-term relaxation notwithstanding certainly long-term you'd expect moderate drinkers to have more reliable erections than either non-drinkers or heavy ones.. [Figleaf's Real Adult Sex]
This app is scientifically designed for short term relaxation i.e. a midday power nap.. [Macworld]
Hot fomentation on the region of the stomach might be of most essential service by its stimulus, as heat penetrates the system not by the absorbent vessels, but by external influence; whence the use of hot fomentation to the head in torpor of the brain; and the use of hot bath in cases of general debility, which has been much too frequently neglected from a popular error occasioned by the unmeaning application of the word relaxation to animal power.. [Zoonomia, Vol. II Or, the Laws of Organic Life]
There he learned the powerful and dynamic technique of Yoga Nidra, or inner conscious relaxation, which is also known as conscious sleep, or the Yogi's sleep.. [Ed and Deb Shapiro: Learn To Sleep The Way A Yogi Does!]
So-called relaxation therapy has been used for years to treat pain and train athletes, the researchers noted, but has "never been used in the elderly for blood-pressure reduction.". [The Best In ...]
Relaxation TranslatesRelaxation English to Turkish Translate
Relaxation turkish translate not found!
News about relaxation
Mental well-being took center stage at CES 2019
This week, the Las Vegas Convention Center was packed with many of the year’s biggest new devices. But over the last several years, The Sands has become the place where the real magic happens. The segment of the show known as Eureka Park is where the startups…
Grab this Audible 50% membership discount while you can
Reading is one of life's great joys. Leaving the real world behind and getting lost in a good book is something special. Having a great book read to you is on another level, though. All the best bits of escapism and relaxation without any of the work. Audible…
36 Hours: 36 Hours in Scottsdale
Tom’s Thumb Trail rises 1,000 feet, taking hikers past massive metamorphic rock formations and prickly teddy bear cholla cactus to the namesake outcrop and a panoramic sunset perch.