Religious Wiki - What is the religious?
What does the word religious mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word religious in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with religious and anagrams of religious.
Definitions of "religious"
- Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity. adjective
- Of, concerned with, or teaching religion. adjective
- Extremely scrupulous or conscientious. adjective
- A member of a monastic order, especially a nun or monk. noun
- Imbued with, exhibiting, or arising from religion; pious; godly; devout: as, a religious man; religious behavior: used in the authorized version of the Bible of outward observance (Jas. i. 26; Acts xiii. 43).
- Pertaining or devoted to a monastic life; belonging to a religious order; in the Roman Catholic Church, bound by the vows of a monastic order; regular.
- Bound by or abiding by some solemn obligation; scrupulously faithful; conscientious.
- Of or pertaining to religion; concerned with religion; teaching or setting forth religion; set apart for purposes connected with religion: as, a religious society; a religious sect; a religious place; religious subjects; religious books or teachers; religious liberty.
- Synonyms Devotional.
- Scrupulous, exact, strict, rigid. See
- One who is bound by monastic vows, as a monk, a friar, or a nun. noun
- A person bound by monastic vows, or sequestered from secular concern, and devoted to a life of piety and religion; a monk or friar; a nun. noun
- Of or pertaining to religion; concerned with religion; teaching, or setting forth, religion; set apart to religion adjective
- Possessing, or conforming to, religion; pious; godly adjective
- Scrupulously faithful or exact; strict. adjective
- Belonging to a religious order; bound by vows. adjective
- Committed to the practice of religion. adjective
- Highly dedicated, as one would be to a religion. adjective