Same Wiki - What is the same?
Same Sameness or identity .
What does the word same mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word same in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with same and anagrams of same.
Definitions of "same"
- Being the very one; identical: the same boat we rented before. adjective
- Similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree. adjective
- Conforming in every detail: according to the same rules as before. adjective
- Being the one previously mentioned or indicated; aforesaid. adjective
- In the same way: The words sale and sail are pronounced the same. adverb
- Someone or something identical with another. pronoun
- Someone or something previously mentioned or described. pronoun
- Not different or other; not another or others; not different as regards self; selfsame; numerically identical. adjective
- Similar, alike. adjective
- Used to express the unity of an object or person which has various different descriptions or qualities. adjective
- A reply of confirmation of identity. adjective
- The identical thing, ditto. pronoun
- Something similar, something of the identical type. pronoun
- It or them, without a connotation of similarity. pronoun
- Together. adverb
- Not different or other; not another or others; identical; unchanged. adjective
- Of like kind, species, sort, dimensions, or the like; not differing in character or in the quality or qualities compared; corresponding; not discordant; similar; like. adjective
- Just mentioned, or just about to be mentioned. adjective
The word "same" in example sentences
It's as if the title and article you quoted in your post has now been replaced with a new title and article about the same subject, and the search function using the term "BULLETIN:" on Strieber's site, which pulls up this new article, seems to be in the _same place_ as what I have to presume was the original, belief-biased article.. [Posthuman Blues]
This state of affairs would seem to be a case of parallel but nonunified sets of conscious states had by the same subject, in some good sense of the term ˜same subject™.. [The Unity of Consciousness]
As Locke has it, being the same person just is having the ˜same consciousness™.. [The Unity of Consciousness]
Obviously not at the same high level that you do, but just the same . [Mistress On Demand]
- This enemy who tells you that you are both supposed to be worshiping the same white Christian God that-you are told-stands for the _same_ things for _all_ men!. [The Autobiography of Malcolm X]
Congress derives its power to suppress this _actual_ insurrection, from the same source whence it derived its power to suppress the _same_ acts in the case _supposed_.. [The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Part 1 of 4]
Relative clauses referring to the same thing require the same relative pronoun to introduce them; as, _The book THAT we found and the book THAT he lost are the same_.. [Practical Grammar and Composition]
Later the same firm of "experts" certified to the presence of three hundred thousand dollars of missing bonds, counting the _same_ bundle, not only twice, but five and six times!. [True Stories of Crime From the District Attorney's Office]
No. 1 is illustrated in Ex. 15; No. 2, in Ex. 42 and the first four measures of Ex. 43 (cadence not perfect, it is true, but same phrase-melody and _same cadence_); No. 3 is seen in Ex. 44. [Lessons in Music Form A Manual of Analysis of All the Structural Factors and Designs Employed in Musical Composition]
We might suppose that when two persons look at the same object they would get the _same impression_, but this is not true at all.. [The Elements of General Method Based on the Principles of Herbart]
That knower of the king's knowing must, it is now contended, be the same higher knower that was required for the cat's knowing; for if you suppose otherwise, you have no longer the _same king_.. [A Pluralistic Universe Hibbert Lectures at Manchester College on the Present Situation in Philosophy]
But as I wrote to the City authorities and the British Museum authorities, it would be impossible to discover a scoundrel who would venture to perjure himself and falsely swear that it was even remotely possible that the two supposed signature of Wm. Shakespeare could have been written at the same time, in the same place, with the same pen, and the same ink, by the _same hand_.. [Bacon is Shake-Speare]
Nina de B. [Illustration: p122-134] [Illustration: p123-134] _From the same to the same_.. [Femmes d'artistes. English]
The episcopal bench, in particular, are very generally faulty in this respect, and, for the greater part, content themselves (if not by birth entitled to bear arms) by assuming the coat of some old-established family of the same, or _nearly the same_, name.. [Notes and Queries, Number 194, July 16, 1853 A Medium of Inter-communication for Literary Men, Artists, Antiquaries, Genealogists, etc]
We have now arrived at the important question, how will the inductive tension requisite for insulation and disruptive discharge be sustained in gases, which, having the same physical state and also the _same pressure_ and the _same temperature_ as _air_, differ from it in specific gravity, in chemical qualities, and it may be in peculiar relations, which not being as yet recognized, are purely electrical (1361.)?. [Experimental Researches in Electricity, Volume 1]
In the above experiment the mercury reached about halfway up the magnet; but when its quantity was increased until within one eighth of an inch of the top, or diminished until equally near the bottom, still the same effects and the _same direction_ of electrical current was obtained.. [Experimental Researches in Electricity, Volume 1]
Same TranslatesSame English to Turkish Translate
s. aynı, tıpkısı; eşit; adı geçen, mezkür. all the same bununla beraber, mamafih just the same buna rağmen, mamafih; aynı şekilde; eskisi gibi. much the same hemen hemen aynı, yaklaşık olarak . same here ben de. sameness i. aynılık; monotonluk, tekdüzelik; benzerlik.s. aynı, tıpkısı; eşit; adı geçen, mezkür. all the same bununla beraber, mamafih just the same buna rağmen, mamafih; aynı şekilde; eskisi gibi. much the same hemen hemen aynı, yaklaşık olarak . same here ben de. sameness i. aynılık; monotonluk, tekdüzelik; benzerlik.