Senior Wiki - What is the senior?
Senior Senior citizen, a common designation for a person 65 and older in both the UK and the USA English Senior producer, a title given usually to the second most senior person of a film of television production. Senior (name), a surname or given name Senior (album), a 2010 album by Röyksopp Senior (education), a student in the final year of high school, college or university A suffix for the elder of two or more people in the same family with the same given name, usually a parent or grandparent Senior Bowl, a post-season college football exhibition game played in Mobile, Alabama Senior debt, a form of corporate finance Senior Chief Petty Officer, an E-8 in the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard Senior status, form of semi-retirement for United States federal judges Seniors (film), a 2011 Indian Malayalam film Senior (film), a 2015 Thai film The Senior, a 2003 album by Ginuwine The Seniors, a 1978 American comedy film.
What does the word senior mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word senior in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with senior and anagrams of senior.
Definitions of "senior"
- Of or being the older of two, especially the older of two persons having the same name, as father and son. adjective
- Of or relating to senior citizens. See Usage Note at old. adjective
- Being in a position, rank, or grade above others of the same set or class: a senior officer; the senior ship in the battle group. adjective
- Having precedence in making certain decisions. adjective
- Of or relating to the fourth and last year of high school or college: our senior class. adjective
- A person who is older than another: She is eight years my senior. noun
- A senior citizen. noun
- One that is of a higher position, rank, or grade than another in the same set or class. noun
- A student in the fourth year of high school or college. noun
- Older; superior adjective
- Higher in rank within a publicly traded company or other organization. adjective
- of or pertaining to a student's final academic year at a high school (twelfth grade) or university. adjective
- More advanced than another in age; prior in age; elder; hence, more advanced in dignity, rank, or office; superior. adjective
- Belonging to the final year of the regular course in American colleges, or in professional schools. adjective
- A person who is older than another; one more advanced in life. noun
- One older in office, or whose entrance upon office was anterior to that of another; one prior in grade. noun
- An aged person; an older. noun
- One in the fourth or final year of his collegiate course at an American college; -- originally called senior sophister; also, one in the last year of the course at a professional schools or at a seminary. noun
- Older; elder: when following a personal name, as John Smith, senior (usually abbreviated Sr. or Sen.), it denotes the older of two persons in one family or community of that name.
The word "senior" in example sentences
Burch won a three-way contested election to succeed senior partner Paul Lee and will assume the title of chair of the firm's board - essentially the senior partner role - from 1. [The Lawyer - Latest News]
They would each, like Axelrod, carry the title senior advisor to the president.. [THE PROMISE]
He battled the great Johnny Chu of Harvard for the title senior year.. [Beautiful Banker Yields Interest: Life After Goldman Is a Catwalk!]
Zimmer has the title "senior advisor" with the Rays, which provides him the opportunity to still put on a uniform in spring training and before most home games during the season.. [The Seattle Times]
Steinlauf, who previously held the title senior vice president, oversees efforts of the company's award-winning ad sales and ad sales marketing teams.. 
Gena McCarthy, whose Discovery credits include Pitchmen, The Colony and Swamp Loggers, will have the title senior VP of reality and alternative programming at Lifetime Networks, reporting to exec VP JoAnn Alfano.. [C21Media.net]
Lai now has the title senior VP of television distribution (China & Korea) and business development (Asia).. [C21Media.net]
Butier, 38, was named finance chief and given the title senior vice president on Tuesday, when the company said CFO Daniel R. O'Bryant would resign June 1.. [daytondailynews.com - News]
Some 96 percent of current 50-year-olds don't consider themselves senior citizens and only slightly over half (56 percent) of 64-year-olds say the term senior citizen applies to them, according to a Del Webb and Harris Interactive survey released today.. [U.S. News]
National City Corp., holds the title senior vice president and leads a six-member team based at Huntington's (Nasdaq: HBAN) regional headquarters in Downtown Pittsburgh.. [San Antonio Business News - Local San Antonio News | The San Antonio Business Journal]
Seidel, who was a programmer at sister network Food Network, will have the title senior VP of programming.. [Multichannel News: Business News]
Shenfeld, who has a doctorate in economics from Harvard, previously held the title senior economist.. [London Free Press - News]
Alan Lorence, CEO and creator of Particleillusion, has joined GenArts as a full-time developer with the title senior engineer.. [Variety.com]
That means more than one in five Americans at mid-century will be what we call "senior citizens.". [Future US Senior Citizens Face Big Changes]
In June of this year, Google Inc. shut down a phishing attack that targeted the personal Gmail accounts of what it described as "senior U.S. government officials, Chinese political activists, officials in several Asian countries predominantly South Korea, military personnel and journalists.". [What's a Company's Biggest Security Risk? You.]
SHORTCOMINGS: How a guy with as much talent as Johnsen not even manage to average 12 points per game at the college level as a senior is a mystery.. [USATODAY.com]
Senior TranslatesSenior English to Turkish Translate
s., i yaşça büyük (baba ile oğul aynı ismi taşıdıkları zaman babanın ismine eklenir, kıs. Sen. veya Sr.); kıdemli; i. yasça daha büyük adam, kıdemli kimse; son sınıf öğrencisi. senior citizen (A.B.D.), ( Kanada) yaşlı kimse. senior high school (A.B.D.) on, on bir ve on ikinci sınıfların karşılığı olan okul, lise. seniority i. yasça büyüklük, kıdemlilik; kıdem.s., i yaşça büyük (baba ile oğul aynı ismi taşıdıkları zaman babanın ismine eklenir, kıs. Sen. veya Sr.); kıdemli; i. yasça daha büyük adam, kıdemli kimse; son sınıf öğrencisi. senior citizen (A.B.D.), ( Kanada) yaşlı kimse. senior high school (A.B.D.) on, on bir ve on ikinci sınıfların karşılığı olan okul, lise. seniority i. yasça büyüklük, kıdemlilik; kıdem.