Sensational Wiki - What is the sensational?
Sensational Sensational (album) (1997), second album by British R&B/soul singer Michelle Gayle Sensational (horse) (1974–2000), US racehorse Sensational (musician) (b. 1974), Guyanese-American hip hop artist "Sensational", a song by English singer Robbie Williams, from his 2016 album The Heavy Entertainment Show.
What does the word sensational mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word sensational in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with sensational and anagrams of sensational.
Definitions of "sensational"
- Of or relating to sensation. adjective
- Arousing or intended to arouse strong curiosity, interest, or reaction, especially by exaggerated or lurid details: sensational journalism; a sensational television report. adjective
- Outstanding; spectacular: a sensational concert; a sensational dinner. adjective
- Of or pertaining to sensation. adjective
- Piquing or arousing the senses. adjective
- Provocative. adjective
- Exceptionally great. adjective
- Of or pertaining to sensation. adjective
- Of or pertaining to sensationalism, or the doctrine that sensation is the sole origin of knowledge. adjective
- Suited or intended to excite temporarily great interest or emotion; melodramatic; emotional. adjective
- Of or pertaining to sensation; relating to or implying sensation or perception through the senses.
- Having sensation; serving to convey sensation; sentient.
- Intended, as a literary or artistic work, to excite intense emotion; appealing to the love of being moved, as a chief source of interest.
- Of or pertaining to sensationalism; adhering to philosophical sensationalism.
- commanding attention adjective
- causing intense interest, curiosity, or emotion adjective
- relating to or concerned in sensation adjective
The word "sensational" in example sentences
House Government Reform Committee chairman Congressman Henry Waxman said the government invented what he calls sensational details and stories.. [CNN Transcript Apr 24, 2007]
General Petraeus making it very clear that these -- what he calls sensational attacks, the suicide bombs, the suicide car bombs, the spectacular attacks that are killing so many Iraqis are a problem.. [CNN Transcript Apr 26, 2007]
Rumsfeld argues that history will have a larger perspective than what is the daily attacks, the Web blogs and the what he called sensational reporting.. [CNN Transcript Mar 20, 2006]
A spokesman for NAM released this statement: "He was so put off by what he called the sensational and simplistic reporting in this important skills gap story last evening that he changed his mind.". [CNN Transcript Nov 23, 2005]
VIENNA - Archaeologists say they have located and excavated the ruins of a massive amphitheater used to train gladiators east of Vienna in what they call a "sensational discovery.". [FOXNews.com]
Archeologists say they have located and excavated the ruins of a massive amphitheater used to train gladiators east of Vienna in what they call a "sensational discovery.". [KansasCity.com: Front Page]
VIENNA - Archeologists say they have located and excavated the ruins of a massive amphitheater used to train gladiators east of Vienna in what they call a "sensational discovery.". [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
The Russian radio station Echo quoted an unnamed Foreign Ministry official denouncing what they called "sensational" and "unsubstantiated" reports in Canada "first about the detention of a Canadian navy officer suspected in passing secret information to foreign representatives and now about Russian diplomats expelled from Canada.". [The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed]
Shekarau, who was speaking at the 16th Nigeria Media Merit Award night, expressed dismay over what he called sensational journalism.. [AllAfrica News: Latest]
However, one document, probably sensational, is still in storage.. [Statistics on the Prisoner of War issue]
If health care reform dies it will laid at the door step of media that is more interested in sensational as opposed to though full.. [Obama on health care reform debate: 'TV loves a ruckus']
It is not right to bring in sensational and, in fact, false claims, a relatively trivial matter compared to the deaths of 109,000 people, Assange said.. [Julian Assange To Larry King: 'You Should Be Ashamed' For Bringing Up My Personal Life (VIDEO)]
What made the incident so sensational is that the whole thing was caught on newsreel in front of the media.. [Five Fun History Facts About May 6th | myFiveBest]
This could be such a great forum for serious discussion if only CNN wasn't more interested in sensational nonsense, juvenile humor and benignly trying to influence public opinion.. [She may have a crush on Obama]
The 6-11, 265-pound Orlando Magic center, who won the dunk contest a night earlier in sensational style, connected on his first five shots, including several jam gems.. [Allen, James fuel East to All-Star win in the Big Easy]
Whatever the reason, the Pistons were simply sensational from the floor, hovering around 60 percent well into the fourth quarter.. [USATODAY.com - Basketball - Detroit vs. Philadelphia]
Sensational TranslatesSensational English to Turkish Translate
s. duygusal, hissi; heyecanlı, merak uyandırıcı, sansasyonel.s. duygusal, hissi; heyecanlı, merak uyandırıcı, sansasyonel.