Size Wiki - What is the size?
What does the word size mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word size in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with size and anagrams of size.
Definitions of "size"
- Any of several gelatinous or glutinous substances usually made from glue, wax, or clay and used as a glaze or filler for porous materials such as paper, cloth, or wall surfaces. noun
- To treat or coat with size or a similar substance. transitive verb
- The physical dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or extent of an object. noun
- Any of a series of graduated categories of dimension whereby manufactured articles, such as shoes and clothing, are classified. noun
- Considerable extent, amount, or dimensions. noun
- Relative amount or number, as of population or contents. noun
- Character, value, or status with reference to relative importance or the capacity to meet given requirements. noun
- The actual state of affairs. noun
- To arrange, classify, or distribute according to size. transitive verb
- To make, cut, or shape to a required size. transitive verb
- Sized. Often used in combination. adjective
- To make an estimate, opinion, or judgment of. phrasal verb
- To regulate the weight, measure, extent, value, etc., of; fix the rate or standard of; assize.
- At Cambridge and other universities, to obtain (food or drink) in extra portions at a fixed rate of charge; hence, in general, to buy at a fixed rate; purchase.
- To supply with sizes; hence, to fill or otherwise affect by sizes or portions.
- To rate; rank.
- To estimate or ascertain the size of; measure; hence, by extension, to arrange in groups or ranks according to dimensions.
- To separate or sort according to size.