Sliding Wiki - What is the sliding?
What does the word sliding mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word sliding in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with sliding and anagrams of sliding.
Definitions of "sliding"
- Slippery; uncertain; unstable; changing.
- Movable; graduated; varying; changing according to circumstances: as, a sliding scale (which see, under
- That slides; fitted for being slid.
- The motion of a body along a plane when the same face or surface of the moving body keeps in contact with the surface of the plane: thus distinguished from
rolling, in which the several parts of the moving body come successively in contact with the plane on which it roils. noun
- The sport of gliding on snow or ice, on the feet, on a sled or a toboggan, or (in former use) on skates, etc. noun
- Falling; lapse; merging. noun
- Transgression; lapse; backsliding. noun
- That slides or slips; gliding; moving smoothly. adjective
- Slippery; elusory. adjective
- the resistance one body meets with in sliding along the surface of another, as distinguished from
rolling friction. adjective
- a topmast arranged with metallic fittings so as to be hoisted and lowered by means of halyards. adjective
- a movable keel, similar to a centeboard. adjective
- See the Note under
Pair, n., 7. adjective
- Same as Slide rule, under
Slide, n. adjective
- A slide rule. adjective
- the timber guides used in launching a vessel. adjective
- Present participle of
motionof something that slides. noun