Song Wiki - What is the song?
What does the word song mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word song in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with song and anagrams of song.
Definitions of "song"
- Music A brief composition written or adapted for singing. noun
- Music The act or art of singing: broke into song. noun
- A distinctive or characteristic sound made by an animal, such as a bird or an insect. noun
- Poetry; verse. noun
- A lyric poem or ballad. noun
- for a song Informal At a low price: bought the antique tray for a song. idiom
- A musical composition with lyrics for voice or voices, performed by singing. noun
- any musical composition noun
- The act or art of singing. noun
- A melodious sound made by a bird, insect, whale or other animal. noun
- Something that cost only a little; chiefly in for a song. noun
- That which is sung or uttered with musical modulations of the voice, whether of a human being or of a bird, insect, etc. noun
- A lyrical poem adapted to vocal music; a ballad. noun
- More generally, any poetical strain; a poem. noun
- Poetical composition; poetry; verse. noun
- An object of derision; a laughingstock. noun
- A trifle; an insignificant sum of money. noun
- Singing; vocal music in general; utterance in tones of musical quality and succession, with or without words: opposed to speech and to instrumental music. noun
- The musical cry of some birds (see singing bird, under sing) and, by extension, of some other animals. noun