Source Wiki - What is the source?
Source or subsource .
What does the word source mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word source in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with source and anagrams of source.
Definitions of "source"
- The point at which something springs into being or from which it derives or is obtained. noun
- The point of origin, such as a spring, of a stream or river. See Synonyms at origin. noun
- One that causes, creates, or initiates; a maker. noun
- One, such as a person or document, that supplies information: A reporter is only as reliable as his or her sources. noun
- Physics The point or part of a system where energy or mass is added to the system. noun
- To specify the origin of (a communication); document: The report is thoroughly sourced. verb-transitive
- To obtain (parts or materials) from another business, country, or locale for manufacture: They sourced the spoke nuts from our company. verb-transitive
- To obtain parts or materials from another business, country, or locale: They are sourcing from abroad in order to save money. verb-intransitive
- The person, place, or thing from which something (information, goods, etc.) comes or is acquired. noun
- Spring; fountainhead; wellhead; any collection of water on or under the surface of the ground in which a stream originates. noun
- A reporter's informant. noun
- Source code. noun
- The name of one terminal of a field effect transistor (FET). noun
- To obtain or procure: used especially of a business resource. verb
- To find information about (a quotation)'s source (from which it comes): to find a citation for. verb
- The act of rising; a rise; an ascent. noun
- The rising from the ground, or beginning, of a stream of water or the like; a spring; a fountain. noun
- That from which anything comes forth, regarded as its cause or origin; the person from whom anything originates; first cause. noun
- To rise, as a hawk; swoop; in general, to swoop down; plunge; sink; souse. See souse.
The word "source" in example sentences
From that moment the entire community, abandoning all other plans, give themselves over to hatching their golden egg, experience having taught them that no other source of prosperity can compare with a _source thermale_.. [The Ways of Men]
Failed resolving source node in after node with @source = 'executeData',. [ASP.NET Forums]
UPDATE [TheTable] SET [source] = @source .......... [ASP.NET Forums]
Then when I need to load a new source file, I clear _source of it's current contents and add a single line run for every line of code in the file.. [DevHawk]
如果 value 为 空引用（在 Visual Basic 中为 Nothing），或在 source 的调用列表中没有找到 value 的调用列表，则返回 source。. [???-???????]
* % source% - The source of the feed, such as the web site or blog name.. [Digital Point Forums]
* I spent the better part of an entire day deep inside the Clutter source, trying to determine the source of a bug; I eventually found the _source_ of the bug (#1631), but do not have a proper patch; the PPA includes a patch (which is also in the seed repo, in the patches subdir) that removes the broken optimization, but I'm not sure how to appropriately/fix/it … in any case, this means that the most significant animation bugs are fixed.. [Planet GNOME]
She would therefore be doing water a greater justice, she explained, paying water a greater honor, if she were to take the name source instead.. [Water Witches]
Anyone who cites wiki as a source is an idiot: fact. [Matthew Yglesias » Sweden is Neutral, O’Reilly is Stupid]
At work, management sometimes bands together and starts listening more to themselves and ignoring the truth from the trenches even when the source is their own employees.. [tribal self-preservation]
If only it said ‘available at’ I would know that the source is at that URL.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » The Case for Abolishing the Bluebook]
Patrick: Honestly what does that mean, other than that the the source is a self-aggrandizing buffoon or Laurence Tribe?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Wouldn’t It Be So Impressive To Be a “Michigan Registered Reporter”?]
Honestly what does that mean, other than that the the source is a self-aggrandizing buffoon or Laurence Tribe?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Wouldn’t It Be So Impressive To Be a “Michigan Registered Reporter”?]
Honestly what does that mean, other than that the the source is a self-aggrandizing buffoon or like Laurence Tribe?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Wouldn’t It Be So Impressive To Be a “Michigan Registered Reporter”?]
Linking to any story that uses Rasmussen as their data source is an automatic fail.. [Think Progress » Former Bush officials rip Tea Parties: They’re ‘outrageous,’ based on ‘fear and hatred,’ bad for GOP.]
CNN, your source is a 19-year old redneck who no doubt has it in for all the Palin's and is likely just looking for cash out of this deal too???. [Johnston: Palin wanted to take the money, 'forget everything else']
Source TranslatesSource English to Turkish Translate
i. kaynak, menşe, köken; pınar, pınar başı, kaynak, memba; asıl, sebep, esas.i. kaynak, menşe, köken; pınar, pınar başı, kaynak, memba; asıl, sebep, esas.