Southern Wiki - What is the southern?
The name Southern South, a point in direction. Southern (surname).
What does the word southern mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word southern in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with southern and anagrams of southern.
Definitions of "southern"
- Situated in, toward, or facing the south. adjective
- Coming from the south: southern breezes. adjective
- Native to or growing in the south. adjective
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of southern regions or the South. adjective
- Being south of the equator. adjective
- Of, facing, situated in, or related to the south. adjective
- Of or pertaining to a southern region, especially Southern Europe or the southern United States. adjective
- Of a wind: blowing from the south; southerly. adjective
- Of or pertaining to the south; situated in, or proceeding from, the south; situated or proceeding toward the south. adjective
- A Southerner. noun
- Of or pertaining to the south, or a region, place, or point which is nearer the south than some other region, place, or point indicated; situated in the south; specifically, in the United States, belonging to those States or that part of the Union called the South (see south, n., 3). Abbreviated S.
- Directed or leading toward the south or a point near it: as, to steer a southern course.
- Coming from the south; southerly: as, a southern breeze.
- A native or an inhabitant of the south, of a southern country, or of the southern part of a country. Compare southron. noun
- Same as south, 1, or souther.
- situated in or oriented toward the south adjective
- from the south; used especially of wind adjective
- situated in or coming from regions of the south adjective
- in or characteristic of a region of the United States south of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line adjective
The word "southern" in example sentences
Well, the term southern strategy, to me, as it is personified by Mr. Nixon, really means the reversal of the New Society philosophies that. [Oral History Interview with Aaron Henry, April 2, 1974. Interview A-0107. Southern Oral History Program Collection (#4007)]
His aims - to "desectarianise" his word southern society, achieve social reforms and eliminate poverty - were laudable but not fully achieved.. [The Independent - Frontpage RSS Feed]
I think the term "southern" brings to mind racism more than "baptist" does.. [msnbc.com: Top msnbc.com headlines]
"The term southern hospitality is there for a reason," says Grand Bear's head golf pro Mike Buckley.. [CANOE Travel Features]
It's what we call a southern branch of the jet stream, an active branch when El Nino happens.. [CNN Transcript Feb 2, 2007]
It's what we call a southern branch of the jet stream.. [CNN Transcript Feb 2, 2007]
In a convention address, Tsvangirai had urged his followers to stock up with scarce foodstuffs for what he called a southern hemisphere winter of discontent.. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
There's a very large low pressure system that, in fact, is going to roll through the Southwest, part of that very active, what we call southern stream, kind of indicative of what El Nino can bring.. [CNN Transcript Feb 8, 2005]
'There is speculation about China trying to capture what they call southern Tibet (Arunachal Pradesh).. [Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7]
According to Gary Lucier, an Ag Economist with the United States Department of Agriculture, 48 percent of all cole slaw eaten in the United States is consumed in the 16 states in what they call the southern region.. [Local News from Wilmington Star News]
Many people who think they are in "southern" Mexico are not at all in southern Mexico for instance but in Mid-Eastern Mexico.. [Where to Visit/Move?]
Armor Division has moved north through the oil fields to begin to secure more and more of those vital resources for the future, and we now have a substantial percentage of what we call the southern oil fields, the Rumeila fields, the Korna fields and some other smaller fields, Az Zubayr, under our safe control, and we continue to expand that U.K. lodgement position further north along Highway 6 to complete the destruction of the remnants really of four regular army divisions that began the fight in the vicinity between al-Amarah and Korna in the eastern portion of the country.. [CNN Transcript Apr 5, 2003]
One time some friends and I were driving down to Totsukawa (in southern Nara-ken) and stopped at a rural post office to use the washroom.. [Taste Test: Persimmon - Boing Boing]
The majority of us not conveniently located in southern Florida, however, will have to find other ways to celebrate.. [Boing Boing]
The "Games" season has begun with a vengeance in southern California.. [Highland Games Season]
Reuters report that: A bomb attack by Sudanese government planes on a town in southern Darfur killed and wounded civilians, peacekeepers said on Sunday in the first independent verification of civilian fatalities.. [Another story that the BBC won't be covering, preferring instead to cover Israel's wickedness]
Southern TranslatesSouthern English to Turkish Translate
s. güneysel, cenubi, güneyden gelen veya güneye ait. southern lights güney yarımkürede geceleri gökyüzünde görülen renkli ışıklar.s. güneysel, cenubi, güneyden gelen veya güneye ait. southern lights güney yarımkürede geceleri gökyüzünde görülen renkli ışıklar.