Specific Wiki - What is the specific?
What does the word specific mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word specific in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with specific and anagrams of specific.
Definitions of "specific"
- Explicitly set forth; definite: synonym: explicit. adjective
- Clear or detailed in communicating. adjective
- Limited, distinctive, or unique. adjective
- Intended for, applying to, or acting on a particular thing. adjective
- Concerned particularly with the subject specified. Often used in combination. adjective
- Relating to, characterizing, or distinguishing a species. adjective
- Designating a disease produced by a particular microorganism or condition. adjective
- Having a remedial influence or effect on a particular disease. adjective
- Having an affinity limited to a particular antibody or antigen. adjective
- Designating a customs charge levied on merchandise by unit or weight rather than according to value. adjective
- Designating a commodity rate applicable to the transportation of a single commodity between named points. adjective
- Something particularly fitted to a use or purpose. noun
- A remedy intended for a particular ailment or disorder. noun