Sphere Wiki - What is the sphere?
What does the word sphere mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word sphere in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with sphere and anagrams of sphere.
Definitions of "sphere"
- A three-dimensional surface, all points of which are equidistant from a fixed point. noun
- A spherical object or figure. noun
- A celestial body, such as a planet or star. noun
- The sky, appearing as a hemisphere to an observer. noun
- Any of a series of concentric, transparent, revolving globes that together were once thought to contain the moon, sun, planets, and stars. noun
- A range or extent of knowledge, interest, or activity: synonym: field. noun
- A social level or part of society or group. noun
- A range of power or influence. noun
- To form into a sphere. transitive verb
- To put in or within a sphere. transitive verb
- To make into a sphere; make spherical; round, or round out; fill out completely.
- To place in a sphere or among the spheres: ensphere.
- To inclose as in a sphere or orbit; encircle; engirdle.
- To pass or send as in a sphere or orbit; circulate.
- A spherical sponge-spicule, a modified form of the monaxial type. noun
- In geometry, a solid figure generated by the revolution of a semicircle about its diameter. noun
- Hence A rounded body, approximately spherical; a ball; a globe. noun
- An orbicular body representing the earth or the apparent heavens, or illustrating their astronomical relations. noun