Spicy Wiki - What is the spicy?
What does the word spicy mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word spicy in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with spicy and anagrams of spicy.
Definitions of "spicy"
- Having the flavor, aroma, or quality of spice. adjective
- Piquant; zesty: a spicy tomato sauce. adjective
- Producing or abounding in spices. adjective
- High-spirited; lively. adjective
- Slightly scandalous; risqué: a spicy Hollywood romance. adjective
- Of, pertaining to, or containing spice. adjective
- Piquant; provoking a burning sensation due to the presence of chillies or similar spices. adjective
- Tangy, zesty, or pungent. adjective
- Vigorous; colorful; stimulating. adjective
- Risqué, sexy, racy; mildly pornographic. adjective
- Flavored with, or containing, spice or spices; fragrant; aromatic. adjective
- Producing, or abounding with, spices. adjective
- Fig.: Piquant; racy. adjective
- Producing spice; abounding with spices.
- Having the qualities of spice; flavored with spice; fragrant; aromatic: as, spicy plants.
- Highly flavored; pungent; keen; pointed; racy: as, a spicy letter or debate.
- Stylish; showy; smart in appearance: as, a spicy garment; to look spicy.
- Synonyms Racy, Spicy. See racy.
- having an agreeably pungent taste adjective
The word "spicy" in example sentences
I loved what they call spicy pepper salad, which I thought at first was an overdue reunion with giardiniera.. [Bay Cities Italian Deli - The Godmother is an Offer You Can't Refuse]
Early favorite toppings include those with the word "spicy" in them: spicy red curry sauce, spicy charred corn and the even spicier long beans.. [The Washington Post: National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines - The Washington Post]
Just south of West Kentucky Avenue sits a patch of dirt that has given a couple dozen middle schoolers a taste of such exotic items as radishes, eggplant and what they call spicy lettuce. [Denver Post: News: Breaking: Local]
Last note: that greenish-brown hot sauce is a frickin spicy muther.. [Flatiron Lunch: For African Food Head to B & B Restaurant | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan]
Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana. [The state of Veracruz, Mexico - resource page]
Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana by. [The state of Veracruz, Mexico - resource page]
Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana: Mexican Recipe. [Fish in spicy tomato sauce: Pescado a la veracruzana]
Cho Cang Gol Son Doo Boo Jun Gol ($34.95, but can serve up to 4) at Cho Dang Gol (35th between 5th and 6th) — This soup features three types of handmade tofu w/potato, mushroom & squash in spicy broth with or without beef.. [Lunch’er Grace Reports: The Ultimate Midtown Soup List | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan]
In a small cup, combine a good splash of vinegar (I used about a tablespoon or two) (I used my herb vinegar) and stir in spicy mustard (a shy tablespoon).. [CSA Week 3 Notes]
Another way to fry it is with crushed tortilla chips, marinated in spicy buttermilk and served with poblano tartar sauce.. [No better fish to fry | Homesick Texan]
Another tip - L26 on the lunch menu - crispy chicken chunks in spicy garlic sauce …. might not be authentic anything, but damn its good.. [Midtown Links (the Charity Sandwich Edition) | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan]
Fixed dinner (broccoli and tofu in spicy peanut sauce, a household favorite).. [12/20/07: Busy day]
October 29, 2007 at 8: 31 am can I send in spicy buns?. [Bread Baking Day #04 « Baking History]
BELGIAN-STYLE TRIPPEL: Trippels are often characterized by a spicy, phenolic-clove flavor.. [SECRETS FROM THE MASTER BREWERS]
The Honeysuckles are breathing out all their sweetness on the air; the Pinks are out in spicy bloom; the. [An Island Garden]
As you can see, 'tata new car' has a Hot Trend status of 'spicy' -- a measure of its popularity.. [What's India searching for online?]