Student Wiki - What is the student?
A student is primarily a person enrolled in a school or other educational institution who attends classes in a course to attain the appropriate level of mastery of a subject under the guidance of an instructor and who devotes time outside class to do whatever activities the instructor assigns that are necessary either for class preparation or to submit evidence of progress towards that mastery. In the broader sense, a student is anyone who applies themselves to the intensive intellectual engagement with some matter necessary to master it as part of some practical affair in which such mastery is basic or decisive. In the United Kingdom and India, the term "student" denotes those enrolled in secondary schools and higher (e.g., college or university); those enrolled in elementary schools are called "pupils.".
What does the word student mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word student in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with student and anagrams of student.
Definitions of "student"
- One who is enrolled or attends classes at a school, college, or university. noun
- One who studies something: a student of contemporary dance. noun
- An attentive observer: a student of world affairs. noun
- A person who studies a particular academic subject. noun
- A person seriously devoted to some subject, whether academic or not. noun
- A person enrolled at a university. noun
- A schoolchild. noun
- A person engaged in study; one who is devoted to learning; a learner; a pupil; a scholar; especially, one who attends a school, or who seeks knowledge from professional teachers or from books noun
- One who studies or examines in any manner; an attentive and systematic observer. noun
- A studious person; one who practises studying or investigation; one given to the study of books or the acquisition of knowledge: as, a student of science or of nature. noun
- A person who is engaged in a course of study, either general or special; one who studies, especially with a view to education of a higher kind; an advanced scholar or pupil: as, an academical or college student; a student of theology, law, medicine, or art. noun
- a learner who is enrolled in an educational institution noun
- a learned person (especially in the humanities); someone who by long study has gained mastery in one or more disciplines noun
The word "student" in example sentences
If I reason, Every student who can concentrate his attention can learn quickly, George Marston has a notable power of concentration, Therefore George Marston can learn quickly, I again break up the abstraction _student_, and the concrete fact. [The Making of Arguments]
Here he rubbed shoulders with the future leaders of the Third Reich, including Heinrich Himmler, then an agronomy student active in the fraternities, a breeding ground for the budding student nationalist movement.. [Life and style | guardian.co.uk]
This achieves similar results, except saying hello to each student in the @student array.. [Rails Wiki]
The term student-athlete meant something to Shannon.. [Tom Gerdy: The Death of the Student Athlete]
It seems that Randy Shannon lost his job because he believed too much in the term student-athlete.. [Tom Gerdy: The Death of the Student Athlete]
A well-trained, prize-winning violin student is fascinated by a girl who follows her passion.. [Fruits Basket Followups: Banquet, Songs to Make You Smile » Manga Worth Reading]
Taking the idea of Donald Trump's "The Apprentice," Cynthia Newsome has designed a challenge for her students: Do the best job promoting the Big Brothers Big Sisters program and attract the most college student volunteers to sign up to mentor the 300 at-risk children waiting in the Kansas City area and earn the title "student apprentice.". [Kansas City Star: Front Page]
Cecil Newton wouldn't have tried to sell his kid's skills if there wasn't a market for it, and the chronic academic underachievement at some programs makes the term student-athlete'' an oxymoron on their campuses.. [StarTribune.com rss feed]
Together, they have made Jahlil understand which side of the hyphen he will value most in the term student-athlete.. [chicagotribune.com -]
Oliver epitomized the term student-athlete, with the emphasis on student. ''. [The Charleston Gazette - WVU]
And when describing a student with a disability or special need, the term student must always come before disability.. [battlecreekenquirer.com -]
When describing high school student-athletes, the term student must always come before athlete.. [battlecreekenquirer.com -]
By the fact that players on college campuses are making a mockery of the term student-athlete -- since when does 12 hours of class in the fall semester and then dropping out in the spring classify you as a student?. [FanHouse Main]
When his father (Saul Rubinek) sends Leon to public school as punishment for starting a hunger strike at Papas clothing factory, Leon quickly lends new meaning to the term student union, determined as he is to live out his pre-ordained destiny to the fullest and change the world.. [WN.com - Articles related to Hindus welcome endorsement of yoga in a Catholic publication]
Clearly the hoops powers do not consider these players to be student athletes, or there would be no one-and-done rule - which makes a total mockery of the term student-athlete.. [SplicedFeed]
Student Nurses: The term student nurse means a person accepted for training as a student nurse or midwife leading to a registered nursing qualification; or an overseas nurse or midwife who has been accepted on an adaptation course leading to registration as a nurse with the United Kingdom Central Council for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting.. [LearnHub Activities]
Student TranslatesStudent English to Turkish Translate
i. öğrenci, talebe; uzman. student body bir okul veya üniversite öğrencilerinin tümü. student lamp değişik yönlere çevrilebilen masa lambası. student nurse hemşirelik öğrencisi. student teacher stajiyer öğretmen. studentship öğrencilik; ing. burs.i. öğrenci, talebe; uzman. student body bir okul veya üniversite öğrencilerinin tümü. student lamp değişik yönlere çevrilebilen masa lambası. student nurse hemşirelik öğrencisi. student teacher stajiyer öğretmen. studentship öğrencilik; ing. burs.