Successful Wiki - What is the successful?
What does the word successful mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word successful in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with successful and anagrams of successful.
Definitions of "successful"
- Having a favorable outcome: a successful heart transplant. adjective
- Having obtained something desired or intended: was successful in stopping the leak of oil. adjective
- Having achieved wealth or eminence: a successful architect. adjective
- Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; prosperous; fortunate; happy adjective
- Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; hence, prosperous; fortunate; happy. adjective
- Having or resulting in success; obtaining or terminating in the accomplishment of what is wished or intended; often, specifically, having succeeded in obtaining riches, high position, or other objects of ambition; prosperous; fortunate.
- Synonyms Prosperous, etc. (see fortunate); effectual.
- having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome adjective
The word "successful" in example sentences
Another important thing about Mozart to keep in mind is that his father was also a successful musician, as well as a _successful teacher_ of music who saw that his son had talent devoted a lot of time and effort towards making that talent bloom as much as possible.. [Miracle At St. Anna]
The term successful, unfortunately, is a bit of a-- a bit of a vague term.. [CNN Transcript Dec 14, 2006]
SANJAY GUPTA, CNN CHIEF MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT: Yes, you know, the term successful is a little bit of a vague term when it comes to this.. [CNN Transcript Dec 14, 2006]
Page 570 pains to make his term successful by having them possessed of qualities similar to his own.. [History of the University of North Carolina. Volume I: From its Beginning to the Death of President Swain, 1789-1868]
"I find the term successful fascinating when used around institutional repositories," says eScholarship Publishing Group director Catherine Mitchell.. 
In August, Iran announced what it called a successful test firing of a new, longer-range Fateh-110.. [Iran's Military Receives Enhanced Missiles]
Plus, a doctor is sued after performing what she calls a successful life saving operation.. [CNN Transcript Sep 26, 2009]
The Iranian military released this video Wednesday of what it called a successful test firing.. [CNN Transcript Dec 17, 2009]
Kim's public re-emerge comes as North Korea celebrates what it calls a successful missile launch.. [CNN Transcript Apr 10, 2009]
According to a U.S. official, the military conducted what it describes as a successful strike into Syria yesterday.. [CNN Transcript Oct 27, 2008]
An official says the U.S. carried out what it calls a successful attack inside that country near the Iraqi border.. [CNN Transcript Oct 27, 2008]
There was -- it what they called a successful use of underground safety valves on these oil rigs that prevented a catastrophic release of oil into the Gulf.. [CNN Transcript Jun 17, 2008]
The communist nation announced it has conducted what it calls a successful nuclear test.. [CNN Transcript Oct 9, 2006]
HAFFENREFFER: That ` s what I call a successful night.. [CNN Transcript Apr 22, 2005]
At the conclusion of what it termed a successful two day anti-privatisation strike on Thursday, the Congress of SA Trade. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
Environmental Affairs Minister Valli Moosa has welcomed what he called the successful outcome of the Kyoto Protocol on global warming, which was rescued from falling apart by an eleventh-hour compromise in Bonn on Monday.. [ANC Daily News Briefing]