Surface Wiki - What is the surface?
What does the word surface mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word surface in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with surface and anagrams of surface.
Definitions of "surface"
- The outer or the topmost boundary of an object. noun
- A material layer constituting such a boundary. noun
- The boundary of a three-dimensional figure. noun
- The two-dimensional locus of points located in three-dimensional space. noun
- A portion of space having length and breadth but no thickness. noun
- The superficial or external aspect. noun
- An airfoil. noun
- Relating to, on, or at a surface. adjective
- Relating to or occurring on or near the surface of the earth. adjective
- Superficial. adjective
- Apparent as opposed to real. adjective
- To provide with a surface or apply a surface to. intransitive verb
- To rise to the surface. intransitive verb
- To emerge after concealment. intransitive verb
- To work or dig a mine at or near the surface of the ground. intransitive verb
- (on the surface) To all intents and purposes; to all outward appearances. idiom