Surgery Wiki - What is the surgery?
What does the word surgery mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word surgery in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with surgery and anagrams of surgery.
Definitions of "surgery"
- The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of injury, deformity, and disease by the use of instruments. noun
- Treatment based on such medicine, typically involving the removal or replacement of diseased tissue by cutting. noun
- A procedure that is part of this treatment; an operation. noun
- An operating room or a laboratory of a surgeon or of a hospital's surgical staff. noun
- A physician's, dentist's, or veterinarian's office. noun
- The period during which a physician, dentist, or veterinarian consults with or treats patients in the office. noun
- The work of a surgeon; surgical care; therapy of a distinctly operative kind, such as cutting-operations, the reduction and putting up of fractures and dislocations, and similar manual forms of treatment. noun
- Pl. surgeries (-iz). A place where surgical operations are performed, or where medicines are prepared; in Great Britain, the consulting-office and dispensary of a general practitioner. noun
- See the adjectives. noun
- The art of healing by manual operation; that branch of medical science which treats of manual operations for the healing of diseases or injuries of the body; that branch of medical science which has for its object the cure of local injuries or diseases, as wounds or fractures, tumors, etc., whether by manual operation or by medicines and constitutional treatment. noun
- A surgeon's operating room or laboratory. noun
- A procedure involving major
incisionsto remove, repair, or replace a part of a body. noun
- The medical specialty related to the performance of surgical procedures. noun
- A room or department where surgery is performed. noun
doctor's consulting room. noun
- Any arrangement where people arrive and wait for an
interviewwith certain people, similar to a doctor's surgery. noun
pre-packaged bankruptcyor "quick bankruptcy". noun