Surrender Wiki - What is the surrender?
What does the word surrender mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word surrender in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with surrender and anagrams of surrender.
Definitions of "surrender"
- To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion. verb-transitive
- To give up in favor of another. verb-transitive
- To give up or give back (something that has been granted): surrender a contractual right. verb-transitive
- To give up or abandon: surrender all hope. verb-transitive
- To give over or resign (oneself) to something, as to an emotion: surrendered himself to grief. verb-transitive
- Law To restore (an estate, for example), especially to give up (a lease) before expiration of the term. verb-transitive
- To give oneself up, as to an enemy. verb-intransitive
- The act or an instance of surrendering. noun
- Law The delivery of a prisoner, fugitive from justice, or other principal in a suit into legal custody. noun
- Law The act of surrendering or of being surrendered to bail. noun
- Law Restoration of an estate. noun
- To give up into the power, control, or possession of another; specifically (Military) to yield (land, a town, etc.) to an enemy. verb
- To give oneself up into the power of another, especially as a prisoner; to submit or give in to. verb
- An act of surrendering, submission into the possession of another; abandonment, resignation. noun
- The yielding or delivery of a possession in response to a demand. noun
- The yielding of the leasehold estate by the lessee to the landlord, so that the tenancy for years merges in the reversion and no longer exists. noun
- The act of surrendering; the act of yielding, or resigning one's person, or the possession of something, into the power of another. noun
- The yielding of a particular estate to him who has an immediate estate in remainder or reversion. noun