Texture Wiki - What is the texture?
What does the word texture mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word texture in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with texture and anagrams of texture.
Definitions of "texture"
- A structure of interwoven fibers or other elements. noun
- The distinctive physical composition or structure of something, especially with respect to the size, shape, and arrangment of its parts: the texture of sandy soil; the texture of cooked fish. noun
- The appearance and feel of a surface: the smooth texture of soap. noun
- A rough or grainy surface quality: Brick walls give a room texture. noun
- Distinctive or identifying quality or character: "an intensely meditative poet [who] conveys the religious and cultural texture of time spent in a Benedictine monastery” ( New York Times). noun
- The quality given to a piece of art, literature, or music by the interrelationship of its elements: "The baroque influence in his music is clear here, with the harmonic complexity and texture” ( Rachelle Roe). noun
- To give texture to, especially to impart desirable surface characteristics to: texture a printing plate by lining and stippling it. verb-transitive
- The feel or shape of a surface or substance; the smoothness, roughness, softness, etc. of something. noun
- The quality given to a work of art by the composition and interaction of its parts. noun
- An image applied to a polygon to create the appearance of a surface, noun
- to create or apply a texture verb
- The act or art of weaving. noun
- That which woven; a woven fabric; a web. noun
- The disposition or connection of threads, filaments, or other slender bodies, interwoven. noun
- The disposition of the several parts of any body in connection with each other, or the manner in which the constituent parts are united; structure noun
- A tissue. See Tissue. noun
- To form a texture of or with; to interweave. verb-transitive
- To give the appearance of a certain texture to. See the extract.
- To form a texture of or with; interweave.
The word "texture" in example sentences
Stadium MK is still oddly indistinguishable in texture from the Ikea megastore with which it shares a plot, its main entrance reminiscent of the marketing suite of a rather swish new suburban residential development.. [Dietmar Hamann aims for the top again – with or without MK Dons]
Skin texture is smoothed and refined, and the complexion becomes more even, translucent and bright.?. [Vichy Laboratories, the #1 Skincare Brand in European Pharmacies, Expands to Southern California]
To make it possible, he had to mirror the label texture and adapt the source code.. [fullasagoog.com full roast blend]
They are thicker, and the texture is a mix, let's say 60% chewy and 40% soft/cakey, so not quite as chewy as the other batch.. [Archive 2009-10-01]
I like filleted (SP?) bass the best, the texture is a little stiffer and it holds up better than crappie or catfish.. [Adding on to BeeKeepers question, what is your favorite way to prepare fish. Seasonings, ingredients, cooking method, etc......]
Keep stirring the mashed beans in the bacon fat until the texture is a chunky paste.. [a life pursuit | Homesick Texan]
They look and taste just like Pumpkin Pies, but the texture is a little denser and has more fiber.. [Crisco type vegetable shortening?]
Its texture is just so much more tender and melting than the beef round, although higher in fat I grant you.. [Archive 2009-07-01]
The texture is usually too cardboard-y for me and the icing is always too sweet.. [Archive 2009-04-01]
These shortbread are delicate, but they do hold their shape (just warn small children to be careful) and their texture is meltingly tender-crumbly.. [Chocolate Shortbread]
The texture is just slightly different than regular pancakes, but not something I (or my ficky fiance) disliked.. [100% Whole Wheat Pancakes]
It was almost more similar to quick bread in texture, definitely not light, but moist (do not overbake!) and fragrant with strawberries, but not overwhelmingly strawberry.. [Archive 2009-03-01]
I think Raech uses sushi rice because the texture is so lovely.. [bibimbap « paper fruit]
That stuff would get snatched up but quick among my own brand of hillbillies, mainly because the taste and texture is so interesting.. [Can you do me a favor? « Dating Jesus]
You can still feel and see the rough texture from the acrylic paint that stuck to the surface of the photo.. [Kater’s Art » Blog Archive » Heron Book]
The texture is divine, chewy and warm but with a slight crisp edge.. [Lemon Sugar Cookies | Baking Bites]
Texture TranslatesTexture English to Turkish Translate
(i.) dokum, dokunuş; kumaş; teşekkül, bünye, yapı. textural (s.) bir maddenin dokumuna ait.(i.) dokum, dokunuş; kumaş; teşekkül, bünye, yapı. textural (s.) bir maddenin dokumuna ait.
News about texture
Make Korean Sauna Eggs in Your Instant Pot
Photo: Claire Lower I am forever surprised by how many different ways you can cook and eat eggs. Within the scrambled genre alone, I have three favorites ( super slow, whipped with an immersion blender, and blended with with cheese ). Recently, I’ve been real…
Black-Eyed Pea Hummus Will Make Your New Year Better
I have always thought that black-eyed peas were bigger than New Year’s. In fact, until I moved out of Mississippi, I didn’t even know they were a New Year’s “thing.” (My family eats them pretty much all year round, usually as a simple side cooked with a littl…
Glaze Roasted Meats With Mustard and Jam
There are so many good jams, jellies, and preserved fruit spreads in this world, it can be easy to accumulate quite a collection. (At any given time, I have three to five Bonne Maman jars in my fridge.) Though these fruity beauties are perfect on nothing more…