Thank Wiki - What is the thank?
Gratitude, thankfulness, or gratefulness, from the Latin word gratus ‘pleasing, thankful’, is a feeling of appreciation felt by and/or similar positive response shown by the recipient of kindness, gifts, help, favors, or other types of generosity, towards the giver of such gifts.The experience of gratitude has historically been a focus of several world religions. It has also been a topic of interest to ancient, medieval and modern philosophers, and continues to engage contemporary philosophers.The systematic study of gratitude within psychology only began around the year 2000, possibly because psychology traditionally focused more on understanding distress than on understanding positive emotions. The study of gratitude within psychology has focused on the understanding of the short term experience of the emotion of gratitude (state gratitude), individual differences in how frequently people feel gratitude (trait gratitude), and the relationship between these two aspects..
What does the word thank mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word thank in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with thank and anagrams of thank.
Definitions of "thank"
- To express gratitude to; give thanks to: He thanked her for the gift. verb-transitive
- To hold responsible; credit: We can thank the parade for this traffic jam. verb-transitive
- An expression of appreciation; a thought. noun
- To express gratitude or appreciation to someone. verb
- Credit or hold something responsible. verb
- A expression of gratitude; an acknowledgment expressive of a sense of favor or kindness received; obligation, claim, or desert, or gratitude; -- now generally used in the plural. noun
- To express gratitude to (anyone) for a favor; to make acknowledgments to (anyone) for kindness bestowed; -- used also ironically for blame. verb-transitive
- To express gratitude to, as for a favor or benefit conferred; make acknowledgments to, as of good will or service due for kindness bestowed.
- To give thanks.
- Grateful thought; gratitude; good will. noun
- Expression of gratitude; utterance of a sense of kindness received; acknowledgment by words or signs of a benefit or favor conferred: now used almost exclusively in the plural. noun
- express gratitude or show appreciation to verb
The word "thank" in example sentences
Oh, thank you, _thank_ you, aunty, for thinking of the hot supper.. [The Sleeping-Car, a farce]
You see he's to _thank God_ for detecting him -- thank God even at that frightful moment, and with that frightful death before him as a consequence.. [St. Winifred's, or The World of School]
"Oh! thank you -- _thank you_!" she said, with trembling lip and tearful eyes as she held out her hand, "I feel _sure_ that you will find father.". [Charlie to the Rescue]
But it cannot be, I thank you, I _thank_ you for your sympathy.. [Verner's Pride]
"Oh, thank you, _thank_ you," she said gratefully; "you are. [We Ten Or, The Story of the Roses]
"She is sick -- it will kill her to lose him -- You have said what I expected, and I thank you, thank you, _thank_ you!. [The Minister's Charge]
Sorry to be so longe winded, i love reading all your finds and only recently could give you something i thought might interest you - write me and give me your thoughs about this might be a presentation coin - thank you — chuck [email protected] [Unusual Items: Remarkable Double Denomination Mule 1993-D Cent with Dime Reverse : Coin Collecting News]
I again thank you for starting this thread, because it brought to light a fundamental aspect of the Culture War.. [A Pat on the Back for Matzke]
Finally, I want to once again thank the Forum for all the helpful ideas and advice I received, especially the private responders.. [Drive from Nogales to Sayulita]
Once again thank you again for writing to Bob with your concerns.. [Archive 2009-09-01]
Well Ihope you get to feeling better and again thank you.. [CHARLES MICHAEL PAULEY aka Sgt]
Again thank you for sharing this very informative and very useful post.. [Secondary Fantasy Worlds and the Filipino « BAHAY TALINHAGA]
Kristin - thank you for sharing Lynn's story and one more way to keep in touch with les rêves de vie française!. [lié - French Word-A-Day]
And again thank you guys who answer and help me I do not like and I know you guys do not also like people that use this service as a vent to talk junk to folks when they are tired of answering questions.. [Gabrielle Renee | SciFi, Fantasy & Horror Collectibles]
Once again thank you so much for your honesty and for letting us into your life.. [If Prayers Were Horses, Grievers Would Ride - Her Bad Mother]
Once again thank you for doing the interview and posting it.. [Twilight Lexicon » Chaske Spencer: A Post New Moon Lexicon Interview]
Thank TranslatesThank English to Turkish Translate
(f.) teşekkür etmek; mesul tutmak. Thank goodness, Thank God Allaha şükür. Çok şükür. Hamdolsun. Thank you. Teşekkür ederim. He has only his forgetfulness to thank for the loss. Kaybının sebebi kendi unutkanlığı. I'll thank you to mind your own business. Kendi işinle ilgilen.(f.) teşekkür etmek; mesul tutmak. Thank goodness, Thank God Allaha şükür. Çok şükür. Hamdolsun. Thank you. Teşekkür ederim. He has only his forgetfulness to thank for the loss. Kaybının sebebi kendi unutkanlığı. I'll thank you to mind your own business. Kendi işinle ilgilen.