Touchdown Wiki - What is the touchdown?
What does the word touchdown mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word touchdown in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with touchdown and anagrams of touchdown.
Definitions of "touchdown"
- An act of carrying, receiving, or gaining possession of the ball across the opponent's goal line for a score of six points. noun
- The contact, or moment of contact, of a landing aircraft or spacecraft with the landing surface. noun
- In foot-ball, the touching of the ball to the ground by a player behind his opponent's goal; the play by which this is done. noun
- The act of touching the football down behind the opponents' goal; also the score (6 points) resulting from such a play. noun
- See under
- A six-point score occurring when the ball enters possession of a team's player in the opponent's
end zone. Analogous to a tryin rugby. noun
- The moment when an aircraft makes first or final contact with the ground during a
- a landing (as the wheels touch the landing field); especially of airplanes noun
- a score in American football; being in possession of the ball across the opponents' goal line noun
- come or bring (a plane) to a landing verb