Tremendous Wiki - What is the tremendous?
What does the word tremendous mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word tremendous in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with tremendous and anagrams of tremendous.
Definitions of "tremendous"
- Extremely large in amount, extent, or degree; enormous: a tremendous task. See Synonyms at enormous. adjective
- Informal Marvelous; wonderful: had a tremendous time at the theater last night. adjective
- Capable of making one tremble; terrible. adjective
- awe-inspiring; terrific. adjective
- Notable for its size, power, or excellence. adjective
- Extremely large (in amount, extent, degree, etc.) or great adjective
- Fitted to excite fear or terror; such as may astonish or terrify by its magnitude, force, or violence; terrible; dreadful adjective
- Such as may or does excite trembling, fear, or awe; overpowering in character or quality; awful; dreadful: as, a tremendous explosion; tremendous invective.
- Hence Such as to excite astonishment or awe; unexampled; wonderful in a high degree; overwhelming; astounding: used intensively or hyperbolically.
- Synonyms Frightful, terrific, horrible, appalling.
- extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact adjective
- extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers adjective
- extraordinarily large in size or extent or amount or power or degree adjective
The word "tremendous" in example sentences
You mentioned the word tremendous upside and that sounds bullish from you and knowing you in the past, I haven't heard you talk like that.. 
The plant upgrades will make the company better able to produce quickly enough to meet consumer demand for the Volt, which it calls tremendous.. [Ford's New Factory In China, GM Rocks On In Detroit]
Abbas said earlier today that he would not be deterred from seeking UN recognition for a Palestinian despite what he described as "tremendous pressure.". [UN bid for Palestine statehood - live coverage]
Abbas said earlier Monday that he would not be deterred from seeking U.N. recognition for Palestine despite what he described as "tremendous pressure.". [Palestinians will submit U.N. membership letter]
On Afghanistan, where Poland has about 2,500 troops serving with the International Security Assistance Force ISAF, President Obama recognized what he called the tremendous sacrifices of Poland's military.. [Polish President Presses for Ratification of New START]
After what it called a tremendous effort, the Coast Guard called off all search efforts yesterday.. [CNN Transcript Mar 4, 2009]
TODD: Still, one historian says, the release of this after Ford's death carries what he calls tremendous gravity, because presidents have historically been hesitant to criticize their successors, unless they felt a compelling need.. [CNN Transcript Dec 28, 2006]
The question, do you agree with Homeland Security Michael Chertoff's assertion that National Guard troops are already having what he calls a tremendous impact on improving border security.. [CNN Transcript Aug 18, 2006]
TODD: Still, one historian says, the release of this after Ford's death carries what he calls tremendous gravity.. [CNN Transcript Dec 28, 2006]
TODD: Still, one historian says the release of this after Ford's death carries what he calls tremendous gravity as for the protocol of former presidents keeping quiet about their successors.. [CNN Transcript Dec 28, 2006]
Because of what it described as the tremendous growth, the. [ANC Daily News Briefing]
Regardless, Mr Abbas said he had not been swayed by what he called "tremendous pressure" to drop the bid for United Nations recognition and instead to resume peace talks with Israel.. [The Australian | News |]
Former Iowa Republican Party Chairman Richard Schwarm joined in what he described as the "tremendous good feeling" felt by many in the wake of the bin Laden news.. [NPR Topics: News]
Regardless, Abbas said he had not been swayed by what he called "tremendous pressure" to drop the bid for U.N. recognition and instead to resume peace talks with Israel.. [Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion]
Kensington Energy Corp., a publicly traded, non-operating shell company in Eden Prairie, announced plans in July to merge with Nature's Prime to capitalize on what it described as tremendous growth potential.. [StarTribune.com rss feed]
Steve Aftergood of the Federation of American Scientists has been following five separate prosecutions, part of what he calls a tremendous surge by the Obama administration.. [NPR Topics: News]