Typical Wiki - What is the typical?
What does the word typical mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word typical in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with typical and anagrams of typical.
Definitions of "typical"
- Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community. adjective
- Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive. adjective
- Conforming to a type: a composition typical of the baroque period. adjective
- Of the nature of, constituting, or serving as a type; emblematic. adjective
- Capturing the overall sense of a thing. adjective
- Characteristically representing something by form, group, idea or type. adjective
- Normal, average; to be expected. adjective
- Anything that is typical, normal, or standard. noun
- Of the nature of a type; representing something by a form, model, or resemblance; emblematic; prefigurative. adjective
- Combining or exhibiting the essential characteristics of a group. adjective
- Having the character of a significant or symbolic type; serving as an index or a symbol of something past, present, or to come; representative; emblematic; illustrative. The description is, as sorted test to the apprehension of those times, typicall and shadowie.
- Constituting or conforming to a type or pattern; representative in kind or quality; serving as a characteristic example of a group or an aggregate: as, a typical animal, plant, species, or genus; a typical building; typical conduct. Also typal. Compare attypical, etypical, subtypical.
- Of or pertaining to a type or types; significantly characteristic or illustrative; indicative; connotative: as, a typical example or specimen; typical markings, colors, or limbs.
- of a feature that helps to distinguish a person or thing adjective
- conforming to a type adjective
- exhibiting the qualities or characteristics that identify a group or kind or category adjective
The word "typical" in example sentences
Standard herb guides tend to be quite detailed and eclectic, because they are geared to people who have the time and space to grow, dry, and prepare their own remedies, and are able to decode the jargon typical of old-fashioned herbals.. [Earl Mindell’s New Herb Bible]
He was born in 1926 into what he called a "typical Midwestern, Methodist home with a lot of repression.". [The Feminist Mystique of Hugh Hefner]
“She is what you call a typical teenager,” says Grandma Nader.. [The Fiddler in the Subway]
Michael Exstein of the Credit Suisse unit of Credit Suisse Group, the top analyst in the group, got ahead of the curve by tracking what he calls the typical cycle of the industry -- generally, after two or three years of growth, a company's capital spending often starts rising rapidly.. [Retailers: Broad Line & Apparel]
From her fan fiction days, Motta has taken pride in not being what she calls a typical Hanson fan.. [Portrait of a Hanson Fan]
I'm curious to know if your panel believes that since this tragedy occurred, if Mr. Horowitz acted like what they call a typical grieving husband?. [CNN Transcript Oct 20, 2005]
Genung, in the "Practical Elements of Rhetoric," presents what he calls a typical form for a paragraph.. [English: Composition and Literature]
He surveyed the history of a people as a series of what he called typical periods, each of which is marked by. [The Idea of Progress An inguiry into its origin and growth]
CBCHe's upset that a local hire took his call, instead of a Canadian, because he feels he got what he described as a typical Middle Eastern brush-off.. [CBC | Top Stories News]
But then it became apparent he was what we call a typical 'care kid' - even though he hadn't been in care.. [mirror.co.uk - Home]
She patted out homemade tortillas to serve with these spare ribs, which she describes as a typical Mexican workingman's dish.. [STLtoday.com Top News Headlines]
The connection speeds X1 offers have an average download speed of 1.5 to 2.5 megabytes per second for free access, which he described as typical speeds.. 
Wiseman's doc (opening today at the Balboa and Elmwood) and Bradshaw's feature (ditto at the Roxie) aren't what you call typical holiday fare, though they assuredly provide An Education for Brothers and Avatars on The Road or Up In the Air.. [SF360]
I think there are two multi tenant buildings, large what you call typical shopping centers.. [SeekingAlpha.com: Home Page]
Your experience may not match the typical experience, but that word "typical" is rather important .... [The Value of a College Education, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
For everyone who thinks "typical" is a bad word here it is. typical. [Poll: Obama has edge over McCain]
Typical TranslatesTypical English to Turkish Translate
s. alâmet kabilinden, simge cinsinden; tipik. typically z. tipik olarak; tipik derecede; umumiyetle.s. alâmet kabilinden, simge cinsinden; tipik. typically z. tipik olarak; tipik derecede; umumiyetle.