Understanding Wiki - What is the understanding?
What does the word understanding mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word understanding in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with understanding and anagrams of understanding.
Definitions of "understanding"
- The ability by which one understands; intelligence. noun
- The quality or condition of one who understands; comprehension: synonym: reason. noun
- Individual or specified judgment or outlook; opinion. noun
- A usually implicit agreement between two or more people or groups. noun
- A disposition to appreciate or share the feelings and thoughts of others; sympathy. noun
- Characterized by or having good sense or compassion. adjective
- The act of one who understands or comprehends; comprehension; apprehension and appreciation; discernment. noun
- The knowing power, in general; intelligence; wit. noun
- The representative faculty; the power of abstract thought; the logical power. noun
- Intelligence between two or more persons; agreement of minds; harmony; union of sentiment; also, something mutually understood or agreed upon: as, there was an understanding between them. noun
- Knowing; skilful; intelligent; possessed of or exhibiting good sense.
- The act of one who understands a thing, in any sense of the verb; knowledge; discernment; comprehension; interpretation; explanation. noun
- An agreement of opinion or feeling; adjustment of differences; harmony; anything mutually understood or agreed upon. noun
- The power to understand; the intellectual faculty; the intelligence; the rational powers collectively conceived an designated; the higher capacities of the intellect; the power to distinguish truth from falsehood, and to adapt means to ends. noun
- Specifically, the discursive faculty; the faculty of knowing by the medium or use of general conceptions or relations. In this sense it is contrasted with, and distinguished from, the
- Knowing; intelligent; skillful. adjective
Mental, sometimes emotionalprocess of comprehension, assimilationof knowledge, which is subjectiveby its nature. noun Reasonor intelligence, ability to graspthe full meaning of knowledge, ability to infer. noun