Valuable Wiki - What is the valuable?
Value or values Value (philosophy), Value (ethics) it may be described as treating actions themselves as abstract objects, putting value to them Values (Western philosophy) expands the notion of value beyond that of ethics, but limited to Western sources Social imaginary is the set of values, institutions, laws, and symbols common to a particular social group Value (economics), a measure of the benefit that may be gained from goods or service Theory of value (economics), the study of the concept of economic value Value (marketing), the difference between a customer's evaluation of benefits and costs Value investing, an investment paradigm.
What does the word valuable mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word valuable in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with valuable and anagrams of valuable.
Definitions of "valuable"
- Having considerable monetary or material value for use or exchange: a valuable diamond. adjective
- Of great importance, use, or service: valuable information; valuable advice. adjective
- Having admirable or esteemed qualities or characteristics: a valuable friend. adjective
- A personal possession, such as a piece of jewelry, having a relatively high monetary value. Often used in the plural. noun
- having a great value. adjective
- a personal possession such as jewellery, of relatively great monetary value; — usually used in plural form. noun
- Having value or worth; possessing qualities which are useful and esteemed; precious; costly adjective
- Worthy; estimable; deserving esteem adjective
- A precious possession; a thing of value, especially a small thing, as an article of jewelry; -- used mostly in the plural. noun
- Capable of being valued; capable of having the value measured or estimated.
- Of great value or price; having financial worth; representing a large market value: as, a valuable horse; valuable land; a valuable house.
- Of great moral worth, utility, or importance; precious; worthy; estimable; deserving esteem: as, a valuable friend; a valuable companion.
- A thing, especially a small thing, of value; a choice article of personal property; any piece of precious merchandise, usually of small bulk: generally in the plural. noun
- having great material or monetary value especially for use or exchange adjective
- something of value noun
- having worth or merit or value adjective
The word "valuable" in example sentences
And I am not strictly opposed to a player on a non-contender winning the award, which has happened on occasion think Alex Rodriguez of the last-place Rangers in 2003 although I admit that's a tougher one for me since the word valuable suggests that the players' achievements did not go for naught and actually helped a team play into October.. [SI.com]
The criteria for the major leagues' MVP awards, voted on by members of the Baseball Writers Association of America, are fluid, depending largely on a voter's definition of the word "valuable.". [The MVP Dream Isn't Dead Just Yet]
The U.S. military says he was seized two weeks ago and has been providing what they describe as valuable information about the group's inter-workings.. [CNN Transcript Jul 18, 2007]
They say it takes away from what they described as valuable work they could be doing in their home districts.. [CNN Transcript Feb 7, 2007]
"I must confess," says Lien Chi Altangi, "a curiosity to know what you call a valuable stock, which can only bear a winter perusal.". [Social relations in our Southern States,]
"The word 'valuable' is the whole thing," Johnson said.. [News - chicagotribune.com]
Judge Judy then proceeded to explain what she called a valuable life lesson.. [Nashville Is Talking]
And how valuable is a degree in Post-Colonial Studies compared to one in Sports Management or General Studies?. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Against the NCAA Cartel]
Scratch the surface of most successful entrepreneurs, and you'll find at least one significant "failure" that they've used to gain valuable experience.. [Think like an entrepreneur]
After a sit-down with Polian and Dungy's designated successor, Jim Caldwell, Manning said he felt comfortable that Moore and Mudd would return in valuable roles for training camp.. [Manning's mantra for '09 Colts: 'You better be getting better']
Beginnings come at a high price, but if nurtured, result in valuable and sustained dividends.. [11 posts from May 2009]
The groundbreaking chapter, known as the Oskaloosa Pioneering Ringnecks, will help future land stewards gain valuable conservation experience through planning, fundraising and hands-on wildlife habitat project work.. [Uncategorized Blog Posts]
Their absences allowed youngsters such as David Nwabuisi, Damien Proby and Roderick Goodlow to gain valuable experience and give NU playable depth.. [Northwestern - Team Notes]
Fellows gain valuable experience at a nationally recognized adult program and comprehensive exposure to pediatric trauma.. [Resources for Professionals]
Global Health Electives provide residents with an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge of the issues facing children in global health settings.. [Goals]
Residents have opportunities to participate in valuable global health care experience by completing a Global Health Elective in a partner country.. [Goals]
Valuable TranslatesValuable English to Turkish Translate
s., i. kıymetli, değerli; aziz; pahalı; i., gen. çoğ. kıymetli şey, mücevherat.s., i. kıymetli, değerli; aziz; pahalı; i., gen. çoğ. kıymetli şey, mücevherat.