Way Wiki - What is the way?
What does the word way mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word way in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with way and anagrams of way.
Definitions of "way"
- A road, path, or highway affording passage from one place to another. noun
- An opening affording passage: This door is the only way into the attic. noun
- Space to proceed: cleared the way for the parade. noun
- Opportunity to advance: opened the way to peace. noun
- A course that is or may be used in going from one place to another: tried to find the shortest way home. noun
- Progress or travel along a certain route or in a specific direction: on his way north. noun
- A course of conduct or action: tried to take the easy way out. noun
- A manner or method of doing: several ways of solving this problem; had no way to reach her. noun
- A usual or habitual manner or mode of being, living, or acting: the American way of life. noun
- An individual or personal manner of behaving, acting, or doing: Have it your own way. noun
- Informal Distance: The travelers have come a long way. That village is a good ways off. noun
- A specific direction: He glanced my way. noun
- A participant. Often used in combination: a three-way conversation. noun
- An aspect, particular, or feature: resembles his father in many ways; in no way comparable. noun
- Nature or category: not much in the way of a plot. noun
- Freedom to do as one wishes: if I had my way. noun
- An aptitude or facility: She certainly does have a way with words. noun
- A state or condition: He is in a bad way financially. noun
- Vicinity: Drop in when you're out our way. noun