Weary Wiki - What is the weary?
Weary is a surname, and Jake Weary Fred Weary (offensive lineman) (born 1977), American football guard Fred Weary (defensive back) (born 1974), former American football cornerback Emily Pohl-Weary.
What does the word weary mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word weary in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with weary and anagrams of weary.
Definitions of "weary"
- Physically or mentally fatigued. adjective
- Expressive of or prompted by fatigue: a weary smile. adjective
- Having one's interest, forbearance, or indulgence worn out: weary of delays. adjective
- Causing fatigue; tiresome: a weary wait. adjective
- To make or become weary. See Synonyms at tire1. verb-transitive
- A feeling of being mentally fatigued. adjective
- Expressive of fatigue. adjective
- To make or to become weary. verb
- Having the strength exhausted by toil or exertion; worn out in respect to strength, endurance, etc.; tired; fatigued. adjective
- Causing weariness; tiresome. adjective
- Having one's patience, relish, or contentment exhausted; tired; sick; -- with of before the cause adjective
- To grow tired; to become exhausted or impatient. verb-intransitive
- To reduce or exhaust the physical strength or endurance of; to tire; to fatigue. verb-transitive
- To make weary of anything; to exhaust the patience of, as by continuance. verb-transitive
- To harass by anything irksome. verb-transitive
- Tired; exhausted by toil or exertion; having the endurance or patience worn out by continuous striving.
- Impatient of or discontented with the continuance of something painful, exacting, irksome, or distasteful, and willing to be done with it; having ceased to feel pleasure (in something).
- Causing fatigue; tiresome; irksome: as, a weary journey; a weary life.
- Feeble; sickly; puny.
The word "weary" in example sentences
Veery was trilling his _weary, weary, weary_ in the Elder thicket along the brook, when another, a larger animal, loomed up in the distant trail and glided silently toward Yan.. [Two Little Savages Being the adventures of two boys who lived as Indians and what they learned]
how he had grown weary for his native countryside, for the smithy: weary of living always so far away from them all, and of the disciplinemuch harsher of lateas well as of his comrades, who called him Prussian because of his Alsatian accent.. [The Bad Zouave]
33 _I grow weary. _ 4to 1681 'I grew weary'.p. 166, l. 2 _sure he knows me not. _ 1724 omits 'he'.p. 166, l. 16 _better than an Age of Scorn from a proud faithless. [The Works of Aphra Behn, Volume I]
Instead, weary from the saddle, still numb, I slept the night through as if I had been dead.. [ON THE MAKALOA MAT]
That's how we cowgirls out in Colorado Springs like to greet one another when we return trail weary from the dusty plains.. [On the blueline: One game to go, vs. Canada, gold at stake]
At the sight of his human face, the first in weary months, I could have sprung forward and folded him in my arms. [A RELIC OF THE PLIOCENE]
Hannah shifted her expression of weary dissatisfaction to Holly.. [A Light at Winter’s End]
The Mavericks looked weary from the start, then lost Dirk Nowitzki early in the fourth quarter when the former MVP was called for a flagrant foul under the basket.. [USATODAY.com]
Of course, the fact that physically I'm still weary from the con probably doesn't help either!. [The Difference between work and play...]
Dressed in a sport jacket and jeans, Louis Vartan stood with his arms crossed and an expression of weary horror on his face.. [CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Skin Deep]
Back at the international forum, Obama was still regarded with a sense of hope and relief by a word weary of the Bushevik order.. [Danny Schechter: Obama's Stress Test and Ours: The Real Swine]
Her father, Evan, says she is weary from the trip, from delays that caused them to arrive at 4 A.M., instead of 10 P.M. THE NEXT MORNING, WE CARAVAN to the unit where the outfitter, Bruce Feri, who runs Canyon Creek Outfitters, has a special tag for Alyssa's buck.. [Cancer Survivor Alyssa Iacoboni Goes on the Hunt of a Lifetime]
` ` Maybe we were a little leg weary from the back-to-back games. ''. [USATODAY.com]
By mid-Sunday my body was so weary from the toll of the night before, every bone in my body ached and it was all I could do to stand up for more than 10 minutes at a time.. [When good things turn really bad]
By the end, Harrington and Jackson were weary from the Warriors 'up-tempo style, but thrilled by the freedom of Nelson's offense.. [USATODAY.com - Basketball - Cleveland vs. Golden State]
This must be what it's like, he thought, for diplomats and stars — Roddick returning from another victory at Flushing, an actor weary from a foreign shoot, night travelers longing for the comfort of lovers and apartments back in the gilded city.. [City Visit]
Weary TranslatesWeary English to Turkish Translate
s., f. yorgun, usanmış, bıkkın, bezgin; yorucu, yoran, usandırıcı, sıkıcı; yorgunluk belirten; f. yormak, yorulmak; usanmak, usandırmak; bezmek, bezdirmek. wearily z. canından bezmiş bir halde; yorgunlukla. weariness i. bezginlik, yorgunluk, usanç.s., f. yorgun, usanmış, bıkkın, bezgin; yorucu, yoran, usandırıcı, sıkıcı; yorgunluk belirten; f. yormak, yorulmak; usanmak, usandırmak; bezmek, bezdirmek. wearily z. canından bezmiş bir halde; yorgunlukla. weariness i. bezginlik, yorgunluk, usanç.