Wholesome Wiki - What is the wholesome?
What does the word wholesome mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word wholesome in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with wholesome and anagrams of wholesome.
Definitions of "wholesome"
- Conducive to sound health or well-being; salutary: simple, wholesome food; a wholesome climate. adjective
- Promoting mental, moral, or social health: wholesome entertainment. adjective
- Sound; healthy. See Synonyms at healthy. adjective
- Promoting good health and well-being. adjective
- Promoting moral and mental well-being. adjective
- Sound and healthy. adjective
- Promoting virtue or being virtuous. adjective
- Tending to promote health; favoring health; salubrious; salutary. adjective
- Contributing to the health of the mind; favorable to morals, religion, or prosperity; conducive to good; salutary; sound. adjective
- Sound; healthy. adjective
- Healthy; whole; sound in mind or body.
- Tending to promote health; favoring health; healthful; salubrious: as, wholesome air or diet; a wholesome climate.
- Contributing to health of mind or character; favorable mentally or morally; sound; salutary: as, wholesome advice; wholesome doctrines; wholesome truths.
- Profitable; advantageous; hence, prosperous.
- Clean and neat.
- Synonyms Salutary, etc. (see healthy), nourishing, nutritious, invigorating, beneficial.
- conducive to or characteristic of physical or moral well-being adjective
- sound or exhibiting soundness in body or mind adjective
The word "wholesome" in example sentences
Thankfully, Davila seems committed to keeping the title wholesome and honest.. [365 Reasons to Love Comics #316 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources]
His vigorous will seemed to dominate over the whole household; he would drag me out peremptorily for what he called wholesome exercise, which meant long, scrambling walks, which sent me home with tingling pulses and exuberant spirits, until the atmosphere of the sick room moderated and subdued them again.. [Esther : a book for girls]
That is what I call wholesome and healthy - so we are as we always were prior to this little blip.. [Recent Activity]
Just good lookin ', wholesome gals I wished lived next door.. [Why I Hate the Booth Babe Story, a Guest Editorial by Holly A.]
They can be made dairy free, still be delicious, and contain wholesome goodness.. [Fat Tuesday Bake « Bodhicitta]
The taste of the public has, of late years, been accustomed to very high stimulants: no plain wholesome food will go down; and every thing must be hashed and stewed with some "sauce piquante," which however delicious to one palate, may be very offensive and disgusting to another.. [Periodical Indigestion]
When they eat they get together, three or four of them in wholesome fellowship.. [The World in Perspective]
Being of Somo, No-ola, Langa-Langa, and far Malu they were in wholesome fear, did they lose the protection of their white masters, of being eaten by the Su'u folk, just as the Su'u boys would have feared being eaten by the Somo and Langa-Langa and. [Chapter 9]
The poor should know how much more wholesome is a broth made from remnants of stale bread, than soups of coarse spaghetti – often dry and seasoned with meat juice.. [The Montessori Method]
Oswald does not particularly want his story to be remembered, but he wishes to tell the truth, and perhaps it is what father calls a wholesome discipline to lay bare the awful facts.. [The Wouldbegoods]
If the creature can't eat plain wholesome food like the rest of the servants, she's welcome to starve, for me, till she's learned better.. [Stuart of Dunleath: A Story of Modern Times]
Sadly parents post 80's (genx) are dumber and dumber and more concerned about nothing that is something, and unconcerned about reality and the vibe I call wholesome-ness.. [Wrong Planet Asperger / Autism Forums]
I was on WW til about a year ago, but became so discouraged, with all the recipe that they had; I did not feel they were totally "wholesome"--too many artificial ingredients and if veg, covered with cheese & eggs.. [USING BEANS IN EVERYDAY RECIPES-- A SOUP AND A DIP (2 WW CORE PLAN RECIPES)]
His activity was fed in wholesome measure, without either exhaustion or satiety; his taste and genius found worthy expression in each of the modes human beings have invented to encage and manifest the spirit of beauty; the goodness of his heart made him never weary of conducing to the well-being of his fellow-creatures; his magnificent spirit, and aspirations for the respect and love of mankind, now received fruition; true, his exaltation was temporary; perhaps it were better that it should be so.. [I.8]
When Biden’s daughter was reported snorting cocaine, that was shelved, but when this 22 year old miss engages in wholesome digital archival, that is attacked as hypochrisy.. [ShePop: Carrie Prejean's tale of an ultra-modern pageant girl | EW.com]
Being of Somo, No-ola, Langa-Langa, and far Malu they were in wholesome fear, did they lose the protection of their white masters, of being eaten by the Su’u folk, just as the Su’u boys would have feared being eaten by the Somo and Langa-Langa and No-ola folk.. [CHAPTER IX]