Woolly Wiki - What is the woolly?
Wool is the textile fiber obtained from sheep and other animals, including cashmere and mohair from goats, qiviut from muskoxen, from hide and fur clothing from bison, angora from rabbits, and other types of wool from camelids; additionally, the Highland and the Mangalica breeds of cattle and swine, respectively, possess wooly coats. Wool consists of protein together with a few percent lipids. In this regard it is chemically quite distinct from the more dominant textile, cotton, which is mainly cellulose..
What does the word woolly mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word woolly in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with woolly and anagrams of woolly.
Definitions of "woolly"
- Relating to, consisting of, or covered with wool. adjective
- Resembling wool. adjective
- Lacking sharp detail or clarity: woolly television reception. adjective
- Mentally or intellectually disorganized or unclear: woolly thinking. adjective
- Having the characteristics of the rough, generally lawless atmosphere of the American frontier: wild and woolly. adjective
- A garment made of wool, especially an undergarment of knitted wool. noun
- Australian A sheep. noun
- Made of wool. adjective
- Having a thick, soft texture, as if made of wool. adjective
- Of thinking, principles, etc, based on emotion rather than logic. adjective
- Consisting of wool. adjective
- Resembling wool; of the nature of wool. adjective
- Clothed with wool. adjective
- Clothed with a fine, curly pubescence resembling wool. adjective
- Con sisting of wool; fleecy: as, the woolly coat of the sheep, of a young seal, etc.
- Resembling wool; exhibiting woolliness; having the appearance of wool: as, woolly hair; woolly clouds.
- Clothed or covered with wool, or something like it; pubescent; flocculent.
- In hot., covered with a pubescence of long and soft hairs like wool; lanate; tomentose.
- covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments adjective
The word "woolly" in example sentences
Brenden wants a two-year moratorium on relocating bison until state officials write a management plan for what he calls "woolly tanks" that can wreak havoc on crops and land.. [The Seattle Times]
Davies 'piece was not an exercise in woolly thinking, calculated to cast the net of inclusivity as wide as possible by purporting to dissolve the hard distinction between affirming God's existence and denying it.. [Saints]
The brown and yellow larvae are sometimes called woolly bears because of their hairy appearance and their habit of eating wool.. [Homepage]
And hemlocks are being killed by an organism called woolly adelgid, not woody adelgid.. [Letters to the Magazine]
He therefore purchased articles that even in England would be called woolly and comfortable.. [Khartoum Campaign, 1898 or the Re-Conquest of the Soudan]
It's still audible - she struggles sometimes with the "d" in "Woody," so that it sounds like "woolly" - but it has certainly mellowed since the days when she first went to Hollywood and had to learn her lines for The Hi-Lo Country phonetically, never really understanding a word she was saying.. [Taipei Times]
Other inhabitants include the endangered mountain tapir (often called the woolly tapir), the red-brocket deer, and the spectacled bear.. [EcoEarth.Info Environment RSS Newsfeed]
Other shrubland/grasslands include shrub species uncommon in eastern Oregon, such as woolly wyethia, Klamath plum, and birchleaf mountain mahogany.. [Ecoregions of Oregon (EPA)]
To the list of victims such as woolly mammoths and saber-toothed cats, a Smithsonian-led team of scientists has added one more: a highly carnivorous form of wolf that lived in Alaska, north of the ice sheets.. [June 21st, 2007]
And that's not just an appeal for some kind of woolly, Anglican, 'fudge', it's more an appeal for what I hope is the real Gospel virtue of 'deep listening' to one another: a listening which at times makes you say, 'Though this looks right to me, this isn't just about me.. [An address given by the Archbishop]
It features Bjork surfing down a river winding through a Himalayan landscape on the back of some kind of woolly yak, while a clay doppelganger bursts from her backpack to grapple with her and a quasi-Tibetan demon coaxes her toward the edge of a waterfall.. [Bjork Is Still Keeping It Surreal | Best Week Ever]
Love your FO and look forward to seeing the bra: many thanks for your comments on my blog ; who knows we might bump into one another at one of these 'woolly ' gatherings.. [Finished things:)]
Mammoths may roam again after 27,000 years - Britain - Times Online: BODIES of extinct Ice Age mammals, such as woolly mammoths, that have been frozen in permafrost for thousands of years may contain viable sperm that could be used to bring them back from the dead, scientists said yesterday.. [Archive 2006-08-13]
BODIES of extinct Ice Age mammals, such as woolly mammoths, that have been frozen in permafrost for thousands of years may contain viable sperm that could be used to bring them back from the dead, scientists said yesterday.. [the woolly mammoth rises again! « raincoaster]
I am not in the least misled in my remarks about Michelangelo's Crucifixion for Vittoria Colonna, nor about the identity of the drawing to which I directed my judgment of "woolly" after repeated scrutiny of the original in search of the right adjective; would it not be more sober to say that tastes differ?. [Michelangelo and the Etruscans]
The "woolly" crucifixion drawings date from long after Colonna's death in 1547.. [Michelangelo and the Etruscans]
Woolly TranslatesWoolly English to Turkish Translate
Woolly turkish translate not found!