Zone Wiki - What is the zone?
What does the word zone mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word zone in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with zone and anagrams of zone.
Definitions of "zone"
- An area or a region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic. noun
- A section of an area or territory established for a specific purpose, as a section of a city restricted to a particular type of building, enterprise, or activity. noun
- An area of a given radius within which a uniform rate is charged, as for transportation or shipping. noun
- Any of the five regions of the surface of the earth that are loosely divided according to prevailing climate and latitude, including the Torrid Zone, the North and South Temperate Zones, and the North and South Frigid Zones. noun
- A similar division on any other planet. noun
- A portion of a sphere bounded by the intersections of two parallel planes with the sphere. noun
- An area characterized by distinct physical conditions and supporting a particular type of flora and fauna. noun
- A ringlike or cylindrical growth or structure. noun
- A region or stratum distinguished by composition or content. noun
- A zone defense. noun
- A belt or girdle. noun
- To divide or designate into zones. transitive verb
- To surround or encircle. transitive verb
- To focus or concentrate on something. phrasal verb
- To lose concentration or become inattentive. phrasal verb
- (in the zone) In a state of focused attention or energy so that one's performance is enhanced. idiom
- To encircle with or as if with a zone; bring within a zone, or divide into zones or belts, in any sense.