Nutrition Wiki - What is the nutrition?
Nutrition is the science that interprets the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food in relation to maintenance, growth, reproduction, health and disease of an organism. It includes food intake, absorption, assimilation, biosynthesis, catabolism, and excretion.The diet of an organism is what it eats, which is largely determined by the availability and palatability of foods. For humans, a healthy diet includes preparation of food and storage methods that preserve nutrients from oxidation, heat or leaching, and that reduce risk of foodborne illnesses. In humans, an unhealthy diet can cause deficiency-related diseases such as blindness, anemia, scurvy, preterm birth, stillbirth and cretinism, or nutrient excess health-threatening conditions such as obesity and metabolic syndrome; and such common chronic systemic diseases as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis. Undernutrition can lead to wasting in acute cases, and the stunting of marasmus in chronic cases of malnutrition..
What does the word nutrition mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word nutrition in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with nutrition and anagrams of nutrition.
Definitions of "nutrition"
- The process of nourishing or being nourished, especially the process by which a living organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and for replacement of tissues. noun
- The science or study that deals with food and nourishment, especially in humans. noun
- A source of nourishment; food. noun
- The organic process by which an organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and maintenance. noun
- In the broadest sense, a process or series of processes by which a living organism as a whole (or its component parts or organs) is maintained in its normal condition of life and growth. noun
- In a more limited sense, the process by which the living tissues take up, from the blood, matters necessary either for their repair or for the performance of their healthy functions. noun
- That which nourishes; nutriment. noun
- The act or process by which organisms, whether vegetable or animal, absorb into their system their proper food and build it into their living tissues. noun
- That which nourishes; nutriment. noun
- a source of materials to nourish the body noun
- the scientific study of food and drink (especially in humans) noun
- (physiology) the organic process of nourishing or being nourished; the processes by which an organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and maintenance noun
The word "nutrition" in example sentences
Stores - Nutrition | Physical - FOXNews. com dcfemella @CHRISVOSS lack of nutrition polymath22 #nutrition CSPI calling for outright censorship of. [Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7]
Interest in nutrition is at an all-time high, and there is a lot of concern about the health and financial effects of obesity.. [Michelle Obama aims to end child obesity in a generation]
In the respiration in the cells of living organisms this nutrition is then reconverted to carbon dioxide and water, so that there is a continuous cyclic process driven by the sun.. [The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1988 - Presentation Speech]
Ben Goldacre, a UK-based science journalist, obtained a diploma in nutrition from the American Association of Nutritional Consultants for his dead cat, Henrietta, while investigating allegations about fake qualifications. [. [Boing Boing]
It's low in nutrition, and is generally in foods that are high in fat and usually very tasty, so it's easy to eat too much or too many of them.. [Glenn D. Braunstein, M.D.: Artificial Sweeteners: Are They Better or Worse Than the Real Thing?]
Unilever currently trades at just eight times 2010 Ebitda, a steep discount both to Nestl é, which is boosting investment in nutrition and health care, and personal-care specialist Reckitt Benckiser Group.. [Unilever's Expensive New Sheen]
I doubt that few would disagree with the observation that nutrition is one of the most confusing words or concepts in the English language.. [T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.: Nutrition: The Future of Medicine]
Having started a research and teaching career in nutrition over 50 years ago, I have seen the passion, the frivolity and the arrogance over and over and over when people talk about their food choices.. [T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.: Nutrition: The Future of Medicine]
While she was working as a full-time lawyer, she earned a degree in health counseling and integrative nutrition from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.. [Nancy Ruhling: Astoria Characters: The Wondrous Wellness Woman]
R.D. Brierley's interest in nutrition and food come together in her position as nutrition editor at EatingWell.. [EatingWell: Trick or Treat: The Hidden Health Risks of Food Dyes]
If anyone is really interested in nutrition, look to the World Health Organization.. [Matthew Yglesias » Department of Good Ideas]
But even fools know that child nutrition is a lot more important in small countries!. [Matthew Yglesias » School Lunch Or; How to Make Government Work]
A registered dietitian with special expertise in nutrition of newborns.. [Neonatal Care Team]
Over the course of 2 visits, families will see a pediatrician that specializes in nutrition, a nurse practitioner, a nutritionist and a social worker.. [Research, articles, studies about pediatric obesity and healthy weight]
You'll work side-by-side with top pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologists and an incredible support staff including specialists in nutrition, respiratory care, critical care and emergency medicine.. [Nursing]
So it has been eight years the proposition that fats are your friend where nutrition is concerned has been in front of nutritional scientists, and they continue to ignore it.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » Are Carbs Worse than Fat?]
Nutrition TranslatesNutrition English to Turkish Translate
(i.) gıda, yiyecek; besleme, beslenme. nutritious, nu'tritive (s.) gıdalı, besinli, besleyici.(i.) gıda, yiyecek; besleme, beslenme. nutritious, nu'tritive (s.) gıdalı, besinli, besleyici.