Seventh Wiki - What is the seventh?
Seventh is the ordinal form of the number seven. Seventh Seventh Amendment to the United States Constitution A fraction (mathematics), ⅐, equal to one of seven equal aparts .
What does the word seventh mean? Find synonyms, antonyms and the meaning of the word seventh in our free online dictionary! Find words starting with seventh and anagrams of seventh.
Definitions of "seventh"
- The ordinal number matching the number seven in a series. noun
- One of seven equal parts. noun
- Music An interval encompassing seven diatonic degrees. noun
- The ordinal form of the number seven. adjective
- The person or thing in the seventh position. noun
- One of seven equal parts of a whole. noun
- A tone of the seventh degree from a given tone, the interval between two such tones, or the two tones sounding in unison. noun
- Next in order after the sixth;; coming after six others. adjective
- Constituting or being one of seven equal parts into which anything is divided. adjective
- One next in order after the sixth; one coming after six others. noun
- The quotient of a unit divided by seven; one of seven equal parts into which anything is divided. noun
- An interval embracing seven diatonic degrees of the scale. noun
- A chord which includes the interval of a seventh whether major, minor, or diminished. noun
- Last in order of a series of seven; preceded by six of the same kind; next in order after that which is sixth: an ordinal numeral.
- Constituting or being one of seven equal parts into which a whole may be divided: as, the seventh part.
- One next in order after the sixth. noun
- The quotient of unity divided by seven; one of seven equal parts into which a whole is divided. noun
- In music: noun
The word "seventh" in example sentences
At its heart, Blood of Ambrose is a coming of age tale that follows the Lathmar the seventh from the tender age of twelve to manhood.. [Get Enge?]
(BTW, bit did excellently in seventh grade science.). [Think Progress » Missouri lawmaker: Allowing gays to serve openly increases a military’s casualty rate.]
George Orwell, 1984 I read this book in seventh grade and wrote a book report on it.. [The Volokh Conspiracy » More Influential Books]
Tianhe-1A was in seventh place in the last rankings.. [China's Tianhe-1A takes supercomputer crown from US]
HALLOWEEN CRAFT PARTY, for children in seventh-grade and younger, 10 a. m.-noon Oct. 30, Marshall Community Center, 4133 Rectortown Rd.. [What's Happening in Fauquier County, Oct. 17-24, 2010]
I mean, who goes on a first date prepared to talk at length about that hideously embarrassing episode in seventh grade — or that really annoying bad habit — or the first boy to break your heart?. [Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Dating Your Characters]
I opened it and I might as well have been in seventh grade again — I just could not put it down.. [Coming Out the Other Side]
[Students] recently viewed the dissection of a dead deer to culminate a deer/ecology unit in seventh-grade science at the Evansville middle school.. [Wisconsin Middle School Class Dissects Deer]
Yes | No | Report from muskiemaster wrote 3 weeks 5 days ago wish I had gotten to do this, when I was in seventh grade. the best I ever got to do was cut a chicken thigh that was store bought in 6th grade.. [Wisconsin Middle School Class Dissects Deer]
I know I'd have liked it --- I'd been cleaning small game for a couple of years by the time I was in seventh grade, but I was raised in a rural area and that wasn't unusual.. [Wisconsin Middle School Class Dissects Deer]
On his blog, Tyler hasn't been buying my story: If education is pure signaling, just give everyone a standardized test in seventh grade and then close up the schools.. [Tyler May Not Agree With Me On Education, But His Inner Economist Does, Bryan Caplan | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty]
I had a three-piece band when I was in seventh grade.. [Eliezer Sobel: What's on Your Bucket List?]
Stratechuk, a musician whose two sons were in seventh and ninth grades when he brought the case, could not be reached for comment.. [Ban On School Christmas Carols Upheld]
She hit that point with Dr. Seuss a few months later - and Phillip Pullman in seventh grade.. [Valerie Tarico: Worshipping the Written Word]
"I first came here on a field trip in seventh grade," recalls Nancy Warner, pushing her husband, Barry, now in a wheelchair.. [Dealing with the death of old Yankee Stadium]
Ever since Fells-Danzer was in seventh grade and had to ask his grandfather to call his mother and convincer her to let him play football, Fells had taught his grandson to be coachable, even during times when his relationship with his coach waned.. [Position switch proves beneficial for Terence Fells-Danzer]
Seventh TranslatesSeventh English to Turkish Translate
(s.), (i.) yedinci; yedide bir; (i.) yedide bir kısım; yedinci şey; (müz.) yedili. seventh day yedinci gün, cumartesi günü. seventh heaven büyük mutluluk; göğün yedinci tabakası, yedinci gök.(s.), (i.) yedinci; yedide bir; (i.) yedide bir kısım; yedinci şey; (müz.) yedili. seventh day yedinci gün, cumartesi günü. seventh heaven büyük mutluluk; göğün yedinci tabakası, yedinci gök.